What's new

Restoring jailbreak iphone 4 4.2.8

bab2010 said:
Question: have you even save 4.2.8 SHSH blobs?

Yes. I used tiny umbrella and saved my SHSH blobs. When I saved them it saved 4.2.8 and also 4.2.10 for some reason. Could this be a problem?

Also do I need to have my phone connected while doing this? Cuz I've been trying to write the custom ipsw without my phone being connected. LoL sry that just popped in my head.

All you need is the 4.2.8 SHSH as long as you have that your fine. And no, you don't need to have your phone connected while you're making the firmware, only while you're restoring it.

Jmills87 said:
All you need is the 4.2.8 SHSH as long as you have that your fine. And no, you don't need to have your phone connected while you're making the firmware, only while you're restoring it.

Ok. It seems that I have gotten past my problem now I'm at the screen in pwnage tool that has general, cydia packages, custom packages, and build

Hit build and wait for about 7 minutes for it to build the firmware. Then put your device into pwned-DFU mode with Pwnage Tool and then start TSS server and option+restore the CUSTOM 4.2.8 firmware in iTunes

bab2010 said:
Question: have you even save 4.2.8 SHSH blobs?

Yes. I used tiny umbrella and saved my SHSH blobs. When I saved them it saved 4.2.8 and also 4.2.10 for some reason. Could this be a problem?

No that couldn't be a problem. All the problem is with iTunes. Are you having the latest version of iTunes? If yes trust me, you are out of luck, not that I'm discouraging you, really I don't do those thing but I'm talking about what I know. You can still try anyway possible, it might work if iTunes gives you a break :) i'm just not sure if iTunes will give you that break or not. So try again.

Please just let me help him, you aren't contributing to this thread at all by constantly telling him it can't be done when I know for a fact that it can.

Hit build and wait for about 7 minutes for it to build the firmware. Then put your device into pwned-DFU mode with Pwnage Tool and then start TSS server and option+restore the CUSTOM 4.2.8 firmware in iTunes

You must be kidding me. TSS server is up to date now???

Well I'm waiting to see the out put or how things will go on with member kp1387

Jmills87 said:
TSS server has always worked, so I don't know what you're talking about.

Thanks for the help man. I got the custom ipsw built but I had to pack all my stuff up and head out for work tonight. I will complete to rest of the steps when I get off work in the AM. and again thanks for all the help man

Jmills87 said:
Ok great, and no problem. Don't worry you are on the home stretch :p All that's left is restoring the firmware.

Yea I hear ya. Idk why I was having so many problems earlier......but like you said..the hard part is over and it's all down hill from here right?

Jmills87 said:
Ok great, and no problem. Don't worry you are on the home stretch :p All that's left is restoring the firmware.

Yea I hear ya. Idk why I was having so many problems earlier......but like you said..the hard part is over and it's all down hill from here right?

Yes, the next part is the easiest part. Literally 3 clicks. 1 click to start the TSS server, 1 click to initiate the restore and 1 click to select the custom firmware file. :)

Please help me....i need to redo my jailbreak and i do not want to upgrade to 4.2.10 but my phone isnt acting right and I want to redo my jailbreak.

I have tiny umbrella but so lost on how to use it.

thanks,

mrsstratyrn