What's new

Restoring jailbreak iphone 4 4.2.8

Yea I'm still getting the wrong bundle error message......any ideas?

After you put the firmware bundle in the correct folder then you select the IPSW file in Pwnage Tool and yes I have downgraded from both iOS5 beta to 4.2.8 and from 4.2.10 to 4.2.8 it is quite easy.

If you get the wrong bundle message that means you didn't put the firmware bundle in the folder.

Jmills87 said:
After you put the firmware bundle in the correct folder then you select the IPSW file in Pwnage Tool and yes I have downgraded from both iOS5 beta to 4.2.8 and from 4.2.10 to 4.2.8 it is quite easy.

If you get the wrong bundle message that means you didn't put the firmware bundle in the folder.

I did exactly as you said. I think I may have the wrong pwnage bundle. When I open the file it opens up terminal on my Mac....does that sound right to you?

Jmills87 said:

I did exactly as you said. I think I may have the wrong pwnage bundle. When I open the file it opens up terminal on my Mac....does that sound right to you?

Just post here the final result please. I want to make sure that I'm wrong by saying that you won't be able to downgrade if you in case you are trying to restore and then jailbreak :)

Download the files from here Pwnage Tool 4.2.8 there is also a video that shows you how to drag and drop the firmware bundles into Pwnage Tool.

You are not supposed to open the firmware bundle at all. You are just supposed to drag it into Pwnage Tool, don't open it.

Jmills87 said:
Download the files from here Pwnage Tool 4.2.8 there is also a video that shows you how to drag and drop the firmware bundles into Pwnage Tool.

You are not supposed to open the firmware bundle at all. You are just supposed to drag it into Pwnage Tool, don't open it.

Ok thanks. When I downloaded the first bundle it was a zip file so I unZipped it and that's when it was opening terminal. Thanks for the help man

Jmills87 said:

Ok somethings not right on my end. All the file icons in the firmware bundles folder inside pwnage tool on my Mac are different that the icons in the video. The icons in the video are the white building blocks and the icons I have inside the same folder are just paper looking icons with the top corner folded. Also on the video the pwnage tool bundle that person is using us also the white building block icon and the icon on my Mac is a zip file. Any ideas man? I'm still getting the same error message. And also when I go to show package contents for pwnage tool it won't actually select pwnage tool itself. I can see it there but it's not lit up where I can select it

All you do is drag the firmware bundle, iPhone3,3_4.2.8_8E401.bundle into the firmwarebundles folder of Pwnage Tool, it's really not that difficult. Don't worry about the icons.

Jmills87 said:
All you do is drag the firmware bundle, iPhone3,3_4.2.8_8E401.bundle into the firmwarebundles folder of Pwnage Tool, it's really not that difficult. Don't worry about the icons.

Yea that's exactly what I did and it did not work. I did the steps just like in the video but still got the error message

Jmills87 said:
You're not doing it right then or you're using the wrong Pwnage Tool

Idk man. I'm defiantly not doing it wrong. I'm replicating your instructions and the video exactly. And I'm using pwnage tool 4.2

Jmills87 said:

Idk man. I'm defiantly not doing it wrong. I'm replicating your instructions and the video exactly. And I'm using pwnage tool 4.2

Question: have you even save 4.2.8 SHSH blobs?

Well it works just fine, I just tried it. If you can't figure it out just find a Windows computer and use sn0wbreeze which doesnt require you to add the firmware bundle.

He isn't doing anything wrong, like I said before he will not be able to restore back to that iOS if iTunes is involve. There is nothing that he can get other than error over error.

He isn't doing anything wrong, like I said before he will not be able to restore back to that iOS if iTunes is involve. There is nothing that he can get other than error over error.

And again, you are wrong. I have downgraded from iOS 4.2.10 AND iOS5 using these methods. As long as you have your 4.2.8 SHSH you can downgrade so stop telling people you can't.