What's new

***OFFICIAL*** Received your new iphone 5? tell us about it here!

Got my iPhone yesterday. Was actually trying to get a Samsung G3. Disappointed to find out the new iPhone can't play stereo sound - only 1 ear piece has sound!!! Brought it back to ATT but they have no stock. Went to Apple store and was told to hang on to phone until they receive new shipment to replace mine. Damn sore! Wish SJ still alive to prevent this from ruining Apple brand

I wasn't gonna get yet but I stopped by the local Apple store and they had some 16GB white iPhone 5 left. I went ahead and picked one up. Memory is almost full so I might exchange it for a 32GB black when it becomes available within a month. I'm very impressed with the 4G and LTE connection speed.

I actually got the 64 GB, didn't even know that was what the wife got us. Good job wifey! Almost 8 GB are used up and I havent added much, so FYI to anyone considering the 16 GB. The more I do with it the more I love it! Desperately need a case though, PX doesn't have any for the 5 yet.

$image-1613789692.jpg Still waiting......

Just received mine last night. Impressions are as follows:

Screen is beautiful. Very crisp, great color saturation and the size is great. I am not a fan of the huge screens but I can still reach the whole screen with my thumb and the extra space is a plus. Will be better when all apps are updated to take advantage of the extra screen space.

Speed of the phone is immense and I came from a 4S which was no slouch. Everything just feels snappier and the camera speed (without flash) is mind blowing. It will take pictures as fast as you can press the button lol.

Weight. It is noticeably lighter but I don't find it mind blowing. It is also very thin but again not mind blowing.

Design. Beautiful. No blemishes of any kind on mine. The fit and finish is superb. I have the black one and it truly is a thing of beauty. I really don't want to put a case on it but I know I have to in order to keep it looking like this.

New Lightning port - I can see why they needed to change it looking at the 4S and comparing it to the 5. They definitely needed to reduce the space it took up. I know its a pain particularly if you have a lot of accessories but I think it was a necessary change. New port works well and the fact you can use the cable either way up makes it easier to use.

LTE. Extremely fast. 30Mbps regularly in my area which is a little better than my wifi at home. I know this is not just a feature of the iPhone but nevertheless it is impressive.

Battery, my only gripe. It seems fine so far but I haven't had it long enough to really judge. I just can't help thinking they could have kept it a little thicker and had 20% more battery capacity. As long as it still makes it through the day I will be happy with it.

Camera, seems as good as the 4S with a lot of added speed to boot.

Geekbench. Results are impressive and currently beat anything else on the market including the S3 in stock form. I know it is just an indicator of performance but it shows that this is some serious hardware and is a major improvement over the 4S which was never laggy or glitchy in my experience.

Overall, its a beautiful, speedy, sexy, fully functional device. I love the screen so much I took a lot of apps out of their folders so I can see the icons in all their glory. Is it worth the upgrade? Depends what you have today and what is important to you. I had the 4S and still think it was worth it but for most people I would say if you have an iPhone 4 or earlier model it is a no brainer upgrade. If you have a 4S it is a more difficult decision particularly as it will probably cost more and the major differences are screen size, speed of the device itself and LTE speed if available in your area. I was fortunate and got the upgrade pricing as I have more than one line. My 4S is going to be my girlfriends phone and I will have the new one.

If you are currently using Android and are considering the switch, this is the best time to do it. The iphone 5 is currently one of the best, if not the best, smartphone on the market today and I am no Android hater. I actually have an S2 as my home phone as I am required to use Android and iOS as part of my job responsibilities so I am familiar with both OS's and like both.

thanks Davva for your thoughts,nice review,i too am coming from 4s and totally think it was worth buying 5,i am lucky that money isnt a consideration and i just bought it,i agree its a beautiful phone (i got white)and im very happy with mine too.

Just received mine last night. Impressions are as follows:

Screen is beautiful. Very crisp, great color saturation and the size is great. I am not a fan of the huge screens but I can still reach the whole screen with my thumb and the extra space is a plus. Will be better when all apps are updated to take advantage of the extra screen space.

Speed of the phone is immense and I came from a 4S which was no slouch. Everything just feels snappier and the camera speed (without flash) is mind blowing. It will take pictures as fast as you can press the button lol.

Weight. It is noticeably lighter but I don't find it mind blowing. It is also very thin but again not mind blowing.

Design. Beautiful. No blemishes of any kind on mine. The fit and finish is superb. I have the black one and it truly is a thing of beauty. I really don't want to put a case on it but I know I have to in order to keep it looking like this.

New Lightning port - I can see why they needed to change it looking at the 4S and comparing it to the 5. They definitely needed to reduce the space it took up. I know its a pain particularly if you have a lot of accessories but I think it was a necessary change. New port works well and the fact you can use the cable either way up makes it easier to use.

LTE. Extremely fast. 30Mbps regularly in my area which is a little better than my wifi at home. I know this is not just a feature of the iPhone but nevertheless it is impressive.

Battery, my only gripe. It seems fine so far but I haven't had it long enough to really judge. I just can't help thinking they could have kept it a little thicker and had 20% more battery capacity. As long as it still makes it through the day I will be happy with it.

Camera, seems as good as the 4S with a lot of added speed to boot.

Geekbench. Results are impressive and currently beat anything else on the market including the S3 in stock form. I know it is just an indicator of performance but it shows that this is some serious hardware and is a major improvement over the 4S which was never laggy or glitchy in my experience.

Overall, its a beautiful, speedy, sexy, fully functional device. I love the screen so much I took a lot of apps out of their folders so I can see the icons in all their glory. Is it worth the upgrade? Depends what you have today and what is important to you. I had the 4S and still think it was worth it but for most people I would say if you have an iPhone 4 or earlier model it is a no brainer upgrade. If you have a 4S it is a more difficult decision particularly as it will probably cost more and the major differences are screen size, speed of the device itself and LTE speed if available in your area. I was fortunate and got the upgrade pricing as I have more than one line. My 4S is going to be my girlfriends phone and I will have the new one.

If you are currently using Android and are considering the switch, this is the best time to do it. The iphone 5 is currently one of the best, if not the best, smartphone on the market today and I am no Android hater. I actually have an S2 as my home phone as I am required to use Android and iOS as part of my job responsibilities so I am familiar with both OS's and like both.

Nice write up.

My nexus just got jellybean OS and its really fast!

But I want a change and am gonna prob get a white iPhone 5

Overall, its a beautiful, speedy, sexy, fully functional device. I love the screen so much I took a lot of apps out of their folders so I can see the icons in all their glory.

... The iphone 5 is currently one of the best, if not the best, smartphone on the market today and I am no Android hater....

Nice review, thank you. Been tossing around the idea of upgrading from my 4S. I don't NEED the 5, but now I want it even more after reading your review, and I can't have yet since they are out of stock. *Sniffles*

I agree that the iphone is the best smartphone out there. I've been through so many devices (blackberry, windows mobile and android) and always come back to the iphone. I guess I'll just keep (impatiently) waiting for new stock and go get one.

Thanks for the positive responses to my mini review.

I would just add one thing. The battery life which was a concern when I added the review today seems to be a whole lot better than I was expecting. I have used it the same way I used my old phone. I have been on about 2 and a half hours of conference calls today, some web browsing, a few texts and my battery is still at 71% after being off the charger since 730 this morning (I am on Eastern time so its currently 3pm). I know on a similar day my 4S would probably be much closer to 50% by now so I am pretty impressed so far. Hope it continues.

Most significantly with launch of Apple iPhone 5, for developers there is necessary need of putting extra legwork to prevent their apps from looking pixelated.

I don't see any pixelation. The apps run at the same size they used to until they are updated

I have Iphone 4S, should I upgrade to 5???
That's a choice that only you can make. The 4S updated to iOS 6 sees many of the same features that the iPhone 5 does. However, the iPhone 5 steps up screen size & color saturation, up to an A6 processor, 1GB of RAM up from 512MB, different dock connector "Lightning Connector."

I have Iphone 4S, should I upgrade to 5???
Do you use Verizon? If so yes Do you have 4G in your area and your phone could use more speed, if so yes? Is screen size a issue, If so yes? If none of these things matter, No. I'm very happy with my i5 because on Verizon my i4S could not do data and voice simultaneously, it was a pain because im a HVAC tech and need to surf the web and talk or send pictures/Emails/weblinks and talk but couldn't, so it was a no brainier for me.