What's new

Issues with Ios7

Have you tried to power down your iPhone after the update. Often times just simply powering down your iPhone will remove the kinks out. Also, if that doesn't work--try to do a reset of your phone by pressing the home and power button at the same time until phone shuts down.

Hope that helps.
Thanks Skimonkey. I have powered down the phone but will try the re-set.

Issues I have, iMore and Crackberry forums are crashing. My settings app will occasionally crash too but not as numerous as the forum apps. White background theme is very plane. I like the dark FaceTime theme, I wish it would carry over to other native apps. There is some noticeable studder when scrolling thru apps, no longer silky smooth like iOS 6. I cannot figure out how to get my Control Center to be transparent which was a major reason for going to iOS7. I have an iPhone5 which should be able to do it.

I downloaded the new operating system expecting it to be SOOOOOO much better than what I had. NOT! The type on the keyboard is skinnier and more difficult to read and not adjustable. Before with Ios6, when I wanted to delete email, I could just sweep it away. No more. You have to Edit first, highlight what you want to delete, and then delete it. The time on the lock screen is cut in half by the picture I have on the screen and hard to read. It,too, is skinnier and not adjustable. The icons at the bottom when opening a page on Safari has new icons which are not recognizable are confusing. If anything the little things took a big step BACKWARD instead of being better. If you know how to correct the "skinny" in this operating system, I hope you tell me. I'm noy happy.

Swipe left…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have a 4s and my battery life sucks now... Can watch the % drop as I type. Very, very bad. Worse than when iOS 6 came out and they had batt life issues.

I have a 4s and my battery life sucks now... Can watch the % drop as I type. Very, very bad. Worse than when iOS 6 came out and they had batt life issues.

With Background App Refresh running on every single app that you've every ran on your device since your iOS 7 upgrade, of course. If you have Locations services on, you've just doubled it.

With Background App Refresh running on every single app that you've every ran on your device since your iOS 7 upgrade, of course. If you have Locations services on, you've just doubled it.

Copy that I forgot about that! Thank you!!

I'm a very novice tech guy....I've found a lot of the features just take some time to get use to. I've ticked that about the color/contrast....I cant see things as well. I read somewhere where someone changed their wallpaper to all 'black', I did that and it helped somewhat but its still hard to see things. I found a setting to 'reverse colors' and that helped but now my phone looks like a '70's glow in the dark lsd stoner poster....

Last edited:
While I do not like IOS7 all that much I think I can live with it after I messed with the wallpaper and colors unless the battery dies much quicker then my IOS 6 iPhone 5

I made the decision however NOT to update my iPad... I tyook the if it ain't broken don't try to fix it advice my Dad gave me decades ago...

BTW... I'm am still complaining that Apple will not allow 3rd party keyboards to be installed...

Bob G.

Copy that I forgot about that! Thank you!!

Still flying through battery life, I can lose 2% in 3 min. I have everything closed in the background and I'm still dropping it like its hot.....

Well that didn't work (reversing colors)...now all my pictures are screwed up. (bang head here)

Well that didn't work (reversing colors)...now all my pictures are screwed up. (bang head here)

Ya basically you're looking at the negatives of your photos

The new design doesn't allow for clearing.

If they don't clear off the list automatically
And you can't do it manually that's just
another big ole annoying boo boo! Sorry
My frustration is showin thru

If they don't clear off the list automatically
And you can't do it manually that's just
another big ole annoying boo boo! Sorry
My frustration is showin thru

Looks like the system only lists the last 14 days based on looking at 3 of my iOS 7 devices.

I think the new screen color is plain Jane, the old colors were much better. The light color makes it harder to read. Example compare old Calender to New Calender.

Also I entered a passcode when asked for it for thought it was the passcode to lock "Find my iPhone"! That step is not clear. Now have to enter passcode every time to open phone. I do like that "Find my Phone" can't be turned off if the phone is stolen.

Also see from test that battery life will be even shorter.

I'm sure there is many other great improvements but went backwards on colors.

You can turn off the passcode lock. Settings>general>passcode lock>(enter code)>turn passcode off