What's new

Issues with Ios7

Skull, from what I have seen & read about iOS 7 so far, I won't be upgrading my phone or iPad. What a shame, the new iOS. Hopefully iOS 8 will be a pleasant surprise. Maybe we'll see next fall. :/

Sent from my iPhone 4S or iPad 3rd gen, whichever I happen to have in my hands at the time, using iPF.net

Skull, I guess that I am among the "strange". A) Did not have a problem downloading. B) Battery life is the same as before. C) With the wallpaper I chose, icons are great. D) Everything seems to be a little faster, E) Transitions are smoother, F) Keyboard on my 4S is more usable. F) Integration with all devices done well, G) Happy customer, would not go back.

Just got 7 and it will take getting use to. My question is, can you change the stark white background? I recently got MS Office 2013 and it's background is the same. Stark white and things seem to blend together, no seperation, definition to the various settings and 7 seems too similar. Not good.

jimarmgdl totally agree.
People, we have only had ios7 for just over 24 hrs now but have had weeks of videos and advice of this pending upgrade, you should have done your homework first before downloading!!!! PS I'm enjoying the new OS.

I only upgraded to iOS 6 on Monday :)
Soooo glad people are testing these updates for me, I think I will stick with 6

It's funny how when people give compliments about something everyone is cool and happy about it and everything is just peachy. But when people express their views about how they don't like it they kinda get jumped on about it and are made to feel inferior or uneducated. It's a smartphone with a redesigned OS. Some like it, so don't. It's ok to not like something even after reading reviews, watching videos, looking at pictures and researching it. We have the right to try it out and if we still don't like it, it should be ok to express our opinions about it...good or bad.

Hi, I am new to this forum. I don't like iOS7 either. Everything is slower for a start and there is too much white. I don't like the grey keyboard either. The UK version of Siri now sounds a bit muffled but the US version sounds fine. Has anyone else noticed this? I prefer a woman's voice anyway and have switched to it.

Management has a sense of humor it seems. :D

You getting an iPhone 5S tomorrow?

Uhh no lol. Note 2 for me and loving it still. But did cave and picked up a macbook pro for myself and bought my grandmother an ipad mini. For my grandmother who never used anything tech before (other than the Android phone i bought her which she struggles with). She has picked that ipad up and loving it because it is so simple. With her being in another state facetime allowed us all to connect over the holiday period which also is awesome. Yes android has hangout but facetime is easier for her to use.

How do you like ios 7

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

The only issue I'm really having and becoming extremely annoyed with is the fact that keyboard does not operate quick enough. I type a letter and about 5-6 secs later it appears in the window. Not like the older version you type, it appears. Is there anything that I can do to correct this issue? I've gone through settings several times and have not seen anything that I can adjust. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

The only issue I'm really having and becoming extremely annoyed with is the fact that keyboard does not operate quick enough. I type a letter and about 5-6 secs later it appears in the window. Not like the older version you type, it appears. Is there anything that I can do to correct this issue? I've gone through settings several times and have not seen anything that I can adjust. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Have you tried to power down your iPhone after the update. Often times just simply powering down your iPhone will remove the kinks out. Also, if that doesn't work--try to do a reset of your phone by pressing the home and power button at the same time until phone shuts down.

Hope that helps.

Uhh no lol. Note 2 for me and loving it still. But did cave and picked up a macbook pro for myself and bought my grandmother an ipad mini. For my grandmother who never used anything tech before (other than the Android phone i bought her which she struggles with). She has picked that ipad up and loving it because it is so simple. With her being in another state facetime allowed us all to connect over the holiday period which also is awesome. Yes android has hangout but facetime is easier for her to use.

How do you like ios 7

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

The underside of iOS 7 is fantastic. Shows real advancements in true multitasking. Can't wait to get a hold of a 5S so I can play with the 64bit version.

But the GUI by Jony Ive sucks. The color scheme shows no imagination or thought process to actual real world use. But he did make the interface more uniform. It now flows more naturally. And almost all actions are reproduce-able thru all core apps. But that is all underpinning which isn't what people see.

I think iOS 8 will be the next big interface change that is actually worth something. Just hope Mr. Ive is gone by then.

I like a few of the new features but the GUI looks like a 1st grader designed it. My battery life HAS suffered but I guess I can correct that by turning off features that never bothered it before.

I don't do the auto update of apps and have a question. When I'm notified that an app has an available update and I do it, the app never leaves the list, it just shows "open". How do I clear that list after the updates are completed? I've turned off and restarted the phone several times.

I like a few of the new features but the GUI looks like a 1st grader designed it. My battery life HAS suffered but I guess I can correct that by turning off features that never bothered it before.

I don't do the auto update of apps and have a question. When I'm notified that an app has an available update and I do it, the app never leaves the list, it just shows "open". How do I clear that list after the updates are completed? I've turned off and restarted the phone several times.

The new design doesn't allow for clearing.