What's new

ipad3 announced

Your patience will be rewarded folks................eventually

I still havent seen anyone say much about it only being a 5mp camera which disappointing me because the iphone 4s has a 8mp camera... mind you the ipad is going to be bigger than the ipad2 so Im sure they could have fit it on there. AND!!! it still has a physical home button like the rest of them and only has voice dictation and not a full working siri... Is it really worth the upgrade for most of you?

I still havent seen anyone say much about it only being a 5mp camera which disappointing me because the iphone 4s has a 8mp camera... mind you the ipad is going to be bigger than the ipad2 so Im sure they could have fit it on there. AND!!! it still has a physical home button like the rest of them and only has voice dictation and not a full working siri... Is it really worth the upgrade for most of you?

A camera on the rear of the iPad is actually "fluff" at best. Why they have it is actually beyond me.

Home button is a necessity. It is one of only two hardwired devices that can cause the CPU to do something out of sequence to the apps running. If you go to a touch surface one, then you remove that ability.

I am actually shocked they put anything from Siri on the iPad. I doubt a lot of people will use the voice dictation.

NICE!!! How did you get past the checkout screen? Every time I try it just says Ooops Error....

I actually was hitting the website every minute after the second crash. When it came back up, I used all my default info from my last few orders and it took it. Dumb luck in my opinion ;)

I actually was hitting the website every minute after the second crash. When it came back up, I used all my default info from my last few orders and it took it. Dumb luck in my opinion ;)

Got it......Now the waiting begins for the 16th .

Since it isn't for me, I will have no issues waiting. Now my wife on the other hand, she was saying "No don't buy it, I don't need it!" Soon as I told her I ordered one anways she said "When will it be here????"

Go figure! LOL

Since it isn't for me, I will have no issues waiting. Now my wife on the other hand, she was saying "No don't buy it, I don't need it!" Soon as I told her I ordered one anways she said "When will it be here????"

Go figure! LOL
Thats us ladies for you,i said the same thing,i dont need one,but i WANTED one.

They had to do that because Android recently did the same thing. Cat and mouse game....

Actually, that isn't the issue. The new screen resolution for the iPad (3rd Generation) now requires universal apps to have 4 versions of their graphics embedded. That will easily add some size even to the small apps.

apple have also increased the download limit from 30 to 50mb
Download limit of 'what'? And 50mb? That's pretty small... Wondering what we mean by this..

And does anyone know the cost of the data plans with WIFI+LTE versions?

And then - will these 'SIM' selling companies, like StraightTalk, be able to compete for iPad 3 biz?

Download limit of 'what'? And 50mb? That's pretty small... Wondering what we mean by this..

And does anyone know the cost of the data plans with WIFI+LTE versions?

And then - will these 'SIM' selling companies, like StraightTalk, be able to compete for iPad 3 biz?

iOS and Android have limits in place for the size of file you can download over a NON-WiFi connection. Apples used to be 20MB, they changed it today to 50MB. Which is a huge step in the right direction.

Rates are listed here - LTE iPad pricing now live from Verizon and AT&T, current iOS devices on HSPA+ registering as “4G” | 9to5Mac | Apple Intelligence

I doubt it since StraightTalk probably doesn't have any LTE contracts in place.