What's new

ipad3 announced

Placing my order March 31st...........

It's my birthday so I can get away with making a somewhat rash buy that day, lol!

Sent from my iPhone 4S.

Disappointing that there is no 128GB model but wow the rest looks pretty sweet! and especially the display AND LTE that is not available in the uk yet but will be this year so I am pre ordering today the 64GB model of course

One question still unanswered. How much on board RAM for the A5X to play with?

Orange are offering 10GB a month for £25 which is more then the rest of the carriers

Two things unclear to me:
1) What is LTE as opposed to 4G? Why are we glad for 4G LTE and not just plain ol' 4G? I'm guessin' there's a difference. Please educate me.
2) Do all iPad 3's come cellular ready now? No WIFI only versions?

1) What is LTE as opposed to 4G? Why are we glad for 4G LTE and not just plain ol' 4G? I'm guessin' there's a difference. Please educate me.

1) LTE = 4G
2) same as always Wifi or wifi and 4G

4G technically doesn't exist except as a marketing gimick. LTE (Long Term Evolution) is the proper name for the next service level above 3G.

WiFi only version of the iPad 3 are already up for order along with the LTE versions. Well if Apple could keep their website up. I have tried entering my store for pickup twice and the site crashed both times.

Anyone have any luck getting through on Apple's website? I made it through on my iPad 2 to the point where you pick your model but then it crashes.......aaaaahhhh

4G technically doesn't exist except as a marketing gimick. LTE (Long Term Evolution) is the proper name for the next service level above 3G.

WiFi only version of the iPad 3 are already up for order along with the LTE versions. Well if Apple could keep their website up. I have tried entering my store for pickup twice and the site crashed both times.

same here, am trying to order a black 64GB wifi and 4G model

The website crashed first. I switched to the iPhone App and made it to the store selection and then that crashed as well.

apples homepage and ipad section always works but anything after that ie pre order does not work.. it worked once and I got up to the stage where I could chose extra options and a cover and it stopped working lol I was one page away from pre ordering it

Well a little closer now....I have picked my two iPads proceed to checkout then it crashes.....close but no cigar.....