What's new

Dr Dre Beats

dhard56230

Reaction score
Received as a gift, Dr Dre Monster Solo headphones. Unfortunately, the model is HTC Edition. Of course, I have Iphone4, and Ipad3. The control features of the Dr Dre do not work completely on the Iphone4, the mini-plug will not completely lock into the Ipad3, so nothing is completely right . Sound is fine on Iphone, but only start/stop functions, no volume. Does anyone know if there is an adaptor to allow all functions to work????

Upon doing some web searching , I've discovered that apparently the pinouts for HTC and Iphone are identical, and if that is true, and it may be, another possible problem which may affect the action of the volume controls is impedance required to activate this function, if the headphone speakers are the same for HTC Edition beats, and Iphone model compatible, then the only possible solutions: exchange, or , get the proper cable with volume controls of proper impedance. Either solution is a pain.

The Bose QC15 are sweet headphones. I had the dr dre beats for my 4S and they don't even compare. The noise cancellation in the QC15 are far superior and I paid the same price. It was actually an exchange. Both were valued at $350. And ALL of the controls work

I'm pretty dis-satisfied with Dr Dre Customer service!

For the record,the actual solution was simple, did not require anything more than a new control/talk cable compatible for Iphone, purchased not from Dr Dre, but rather from a seller on Ebay for under US$15.00, shipped free to me in Taiwan.
Dr Dre customer service supports a price differential of NT$3000, between the HTC Edition headphones, selling for NT$5000, and their Iphone counterpart for NT$8000, the only real difference being a NT$450 approx. Cable switch. The headphones are probably all the same..,,, Shame Shame Shame , Dr Dre!!! They never admitted the solution to me!!!