What's new

I Need Help!

i am stuck at the screen when you power on it says ' no sim card installed - insert a valid sim with no pin lock to activate iphone'

what you can do is use a jailbreak tool and that will give you access to the springboard either use limera1n or greenpois0n - Mmmm...pois0n either tool works but it wont enable phone calls you will be stuck with an ipod. tutorials on how to use the tools can be found here: iClarified - Apple News and Tutorials. if you have firmware 4.1 with baseband 2.10.04 you wont be able to unlock it but at least you will be able to install some apps and use it just not as a phone until there is an unlock tool for that baseband if its on earlier baseband and firmware you can use ultrasn0w to unlock it

ok if i do this would i then be able to sell it on so someone else can use it with there sim? Or am i best relisting on ebay but putting clear notes on that only people who know how to unlock phones should bid? Thanks for your help by the way

well doing this just means you will have access to the info to find out what firmware your on and determine if you can unlock it or not, jailbreak wont enable you to put any sim, the application needed to unlock the iphone comes from jailbreak, so either way you have to jailbreak it. but once you see the firmware and modem version i can tell you if you will be able to unlock it, though an unlock tool for the new baseband is coming in november.

Ok, if i try this limera1n in the next 24 hours will i be able to get back in touch with you on this thread? Or is it a 10 min job i can do now? Luke, your my only hope!

Ok, if i try this limera1n in the next 24 hours will i be able to get back in touch with you on this thread? Or is it a 10 min job i can do now? Luke, your my only hope!

it does not take more then 3 minutes, you plug in the iphone press make it ra1n and you wait an its done, thats all it is.

ill be here so anytime you reply i will be able to see it, i am gmt 2+ its its 6:37pm but if i am not around there are plenty of ppl here who know more then me, like dan and phil :)

I have tried that, pressed 'make it rain' waited and it just says waiting for device! Its all plugged in, laptop picked it up straight away!

in between steps 4 and 5 it just says 'waiting for device' i'll try it on my pc in a bit too

HMMMM. that one seems to have killed my iphone!!! Getting no power now after 3 trys at green poison! Will have to try again later and hope it works

you put it in dfu mode then it does the jailbreak. not sure why your having so much trouble. but when you do let me know the baseband and firmware version.

follow the instructions on greenpois0n or you can hold the power and home button for 10 seconds let go of the power button keep holding the home button for another 5 and that does it

ok how do i know if its in dfu mode?
and should this be done with the phone off?
i've tried it about 10 times on green poison

well the phone will reset and you will get a picture telling you to plu into itunes, thats how you know its in dfu mode, and when you open itunes it says there is a iphone in dfu mode and to restore