What's new

:) How can I get Siri on my iphone 4?

Status
Not open for further replies.
flamingo157 said:
Try Dragon Dictation app...

Dd is nothing compared to Siri. Vlingo would be better.

إيكرانك...المسطرة

If your jail broken, they have siri0us witch is the Siri dictation and works very well.

If your jail broken, they have siri0us witch is the Siri dictation and works very well.
Siri0us was pulled from Cydia yesterday by it's creator Eric Day. "It looks like Day was making unauthorised use of Nuance's speech regonition technology and hence has removed Siri0us from Cydia to avoid getting into trouble."

NewdestinyX said:
I have to disagree. I mean it's not as 'convenient' as Siri - for the dictation - because Siri gives you a little microphone on the keyboard in every window into which text can be entered. DD is its own app that you have type into, get your dictation done and then hit 'send as sms, copy, email, etc..

But the dictation engine is every bit as good as Siri and in my experience DD is actually even more accurate than Siri. Way less mistakes. Dragon DIctate even has a better 'did you mean this' implementation when it chooses a word or phrase you didn't mean. The iPad has no ability to employ Siri (yet), so I use DD in it - and I'm actually happier with its dictation than Siri. Faster too. Apple's servers are too clogged right now. They didn't anticipate the popularity of Siri and Siri is very slow and often just 'turns itself off' in the middle of a dictated phrase and you have to do it over. This doesn't happen with DD.

So don't sell Dragon Dictate short. I used it for a year before the 4S and it's a crazy amazing dictation app. As good and better than Siri in my experienced usership. Not as convenient -- I'll grant you that - but every bit as monster a dictation engine as Siri.

Don't you think I know that. I was saying that dragon dictation isn't anything compared to Siri. Vlingo does almost the same thing Siri does except incorporate itself within the OS. DD is just dictation "text Side show Bob" so yes I will sell it short. On top of that this thread was about Siri on the iPhone 4. A user suggested dd and I suggested Vlingo. I'm not hear to argue about it.

إيكرانك...المسطرة

There is an app called Voice Actions for $4.99 and it WORKS. You speak to her and she talks back and do your commands. She has a British accent.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

GoldenBlaze said:
There is an app called Voice Actions for $4.99 and it WORKS. You speak to her and she talks back and do your commands. She has a British accent.

OMG! It's Siri's slightly less intelligent cousin from England! Almost as good as Siri. You can even call her Siri. I asked her what her name was and she told me to call her 'telephone' and I asked her if I could call her Siri and she said OK. She now answers to Siri. Too cool. The next best thing to having the 4s version of Siri. On a scale of 1-10 with Siri being about 8 or 9 ( she is still in beta after all LOL) I would give voice actions a 6 or 6.5 Well worth the $4.99 in my opinion. The most I've EVER spent for an app I must say!

She even told me the LOCAL weather! I live in Canada. Siri doesn't do local weather outside of the US yet.

Last edited:
I'm glad that someone thought about us iPhone 4 users. Now we can enjoy at least some of what the 4s users got. Voice Actions is what's up with you want something close to Siri.

Nice topic i done to ma frnd mobile , frst do followin steps
1.jaibreak
2.add source
3.http://cydia.zchristopher.com
Done

Open n install serious

Restart not respring
Then go to settings > general u can see siri option thanks pal

Status
Not open for further replies.