What's new

Siri

tjb90291

Reaction score
I know this may sound stupid but does anyone know if the 4 will get Siri with ios 7?
Thanks in advance
Thomas

Sent from my iPhone 4

No, the iPhone 4 will not gain 'Siri, and yes, the iPhone 4 will be up-gradable to iOS 7. It's all listed on Apples website.

Figures I may just use one of my upgrades and just get the 5

Sent from my iPhone 4

If you can, I'd wait to see what the 5S brings before opting for the 5. In order to keep up with the GS4 and Note2, Apple will most likely push out a quad core processor along with 2GB of RAM which is currently in the GS4 and Note2. If the price isn't that bad, it'd be a better upgrade as well, it's a quad more, more RAM and the fingerprint reader is a nice add-on for security. But if you can find it at a local Walmart, I believe the current price for them now is $129 for the iPhone 5 with a 2-year contract signup/renewal as opposed to the $199 from carriers. (Upgrade fee still applies)

If you can, I'd wait to see what the 5S brings before opting for the 5. In order to keep up with the GS4 and Note2, Apple will most likely push out a quad core processor along with 2GB of RAM which is currently in the GS4 and Note2. If the price isn't that bad, it'd be a better upgrade as well, it's a quad more, more RAM and the fingerprint reader is a nice add-on for security. But if you can find it at a local Walmart, I believe the current price for them now is $129 for the iPhone 5 with a 2-year contract signup/renewal as opposed to the $199 from carriers. (Upgrade fee still applies)

I don't think iOS needs a quad-core processor. Android phones are getting quad-core because they need them. That's one of the downsides to running everything in a virtual machine.

But that's not what your average consumer sees. They see it as a simple "GS4 > 5/5S because the numbers are bigger". In order to attract all fronts, they'd have to keep it leveled.

Yeah i was thinking the 5s also as a contender not sure if I want to spend a full $200 though

Sent from my iPhone 4

But that's not what your average consumer sees. They see it as a simple "GS4 > 5/5S because the numbers are bigger". In order to attract all fronts, they'd have to keep it leveled.

I'm sorry man, but I still can't see Apple throwing in a Quad-Core processor and 2GB of RAM just because other manufacturers are doing this. It's always possible of course, but Apple would need to make a bigger casing for the iPhone 5S and a beefier battery to power that processor.

My reasoning is Apple never throws something into a product because everyone else is doing it. The iPhone 5 would've been 5 inches, quad core, 2GB of RAM, have NFC, and other things I can't think of ATM. Lol.

I figure it'll have a more powerful, battery life friendly dual core processor and 1GB of RAM. That's just my opinion of course, but I'm going by Apples usual pattern.

The 1GB of RAM is plenty in my iPhone 5. My device never needs to kick other apps out of memory. It hasn't happened once on my stock iP5.

Ok, that post was longer than originally intended. ;)

ADDENDUM:

I believe the average consumer doesn't see 2GB of RAM or Quad Core snapdragon 900 processor clocked at 1.9 GHZ. They typically see "Oh! Look at the apps, and colors this phone has!"

That's just from my typical experience when I over hear conversations at the Verizon store, best buy, radio shack... You get the idea. ;) lmao!

Yeah i was thinking the 5s also as a contender not sure if I want to spend a full $200 though

Sent from my iPhone 4

If you don't wanna spend a whole $200, you might as well wait for the iPhone 5S to release and grab the iP5 on sale.

I'd recommend upgrading to the 5S if your gonna wait that long though.
If you want a phone now, grab the iP5 on sale at Walmart. It's a plenty capable device and will please you throughout your contract. I love my iP5 and do not regret upgrading to it. I could've waited, but there's always another device coming out and you'll get the "Damn I want that" Feeling.

Just grab one if you want it now and enjoy it. :)

Very good point.

I'm sorry man, but I still can't see Apple throwing in a Quad-Core processor and 2GB of RAM just because other manufacturers are doing this. It's always possible of course, but Apple would need to make a bigger casing for the iPhone 5S and a beefier battery to power that processor.

My reasoning is Apple never throws something into a product because everyone else is doing it. The iPhone 5 would've been 5 inches, quad core, 2GB of RAM, have NFC, and other things I can't think of ATM. Lol.

I figure it'll have a more powerful, battery life friendly dual core processor and 1GB of RAM. That's just my opinion of course, but I'm going by Apples usual pattern.

The 1GB of RAM is plenty in my iPhone 5. My device never needs to kick other apps out of memory. It hasn't happened once on my stock iP5.

Ok, that post was longer than originally intended. ;)

ADDENDUM:

I believe the average consumer doesn't see 2GB of RAM or Quad Core snapdragon 900 processor clocked at 1.9 GHZ. They typically see "Oh! Look at the apps, and colors this phone has!"

That's just from my typical experience when I over hear conversations at the Verizon store, best buy, radio shack... You get the idea. ;) lmao!

I'm quite happy with near two days of battery life and can do without a quad-core processor - you make good points. Apple has never adopted a "go with the flow" attitude and I thank them for doing what they feel needs to be done.

The only thing that makes me think I'll need to upgrade to the iP5 is because IOS 7 might be too much to handle for my iP4.

Those transparent layers usually demand more power and many people are reporting that the beta is laggy on older devices.

The only thing that makes me think I'll need to upgrade to the iP5 is because IOS 7 might be too much to handle for my iP4.

Those transparent layers usually demand more power and many people are reporting that the beta is laggy on older devices.

My iPhone 4 had an issue with iOS 6 sometimes. Especially when I tried playing certain games.

The A6 processor in the iP5 rocks. :p
I couldn't believe the massive improvements in speed. To me, the 4S's A5 processor really wasn't a whole lot quicker than the A4, but it's very clear that the A6 is leaps and bounds over my iP4's A4. :)