What's new

Siri

john46

Reaction score
An someone tell me, can I get Siri for a iPhone4. If so how?

search for SPIRE
the program itself is ok, the how too and making it work is a grey area.

Its not a grey area at all.

Spire downloads the full siri programme from apples servers legally.

Then you can pay a monthly fee to a company to supply you siri proxy keys.

The only reason apple don't support this is because they said siri would not work to its true potential on the iPhone 4.
The only part that does not work is the raise to ear activation as the iPhone 4 proximity sensor does not continually fire.
The tweak siri voice activation helps with this.

Even the developers on the street raised an eye brow with apples comments as they road tested the programme on their iPhone 4 devices.

They needed a niche to temp users into buying the next model i.e. iPhone 4s as the slightly quicker processor and improved camera was not enough to temp the average idevice user, apart from the apple fan boys who just buy any new release !

If you would like to know the companies name I'm using then inbox me as posting it on here would infringe the forum rules.

Why did i want siri on my iPhone 4?

Well....... because Apple said i couldn't !!

Actually if you check out California law, its illegal to run or use a proxy server in this manner, so no, it's not legal run run Siri this way.

Apple is not likely to ever prosecute, but it's not legal.

what about those free proxy ? i've installed Spire but of course i'm still stuck on Siri saying: Sorry, i'm having trouble connecting to the network.
any suggestions? other than paying for a proxy

The free Siri proxies have had bad reviews.

Of course it's entirely up to you.

I'd honestly say getting Siri on your iPhone 4 isn't worth is I mean to do it legally it would mean paying a monthly fee from what I've heard for proxy Keys just trade for an iPhone 4S or sell the 4 and buy a 4S brand new...

Sent from my  iPhone 4 using iPF.net App available in the App Store

I'd honestly say getting Siri on your iPhone 4 isn't worth is I mean to do it legally it would mean paying a monthly fee from what I've heard for proxy Keys just trade for an iPhone 4S or sell the 4 and buy a 4S brand new...

Sent from my  iPhone 4 using iPF.net App available in the App Store

I would not upgrade from my iPhone 4 to the 4s purely just for the Siri programme.

The 4s is slightly faster than the 4 and the camera is slightly better spec but again this was not enough reason to
Upgrade either !

Apple needed something to tempt the average user as the apple fan boys would just buy it anyway !

One of the main reasons I wanted Siri is because apple said I couldn't have it !!
Wouldn't work on the iPhone 4..... What rubbish !!

I paid a YEARLY fee for $20 which is around £12 for me which is not alot of money to try out this function.

People upgrading from the 3G or 3GS are the ones who would feel the wow factor in upgrading to the 4s.

chunky said:
The free Siri proxies have had bad reviews.

Of course it's entirely up to you.

I have a iPhone 4s. Of course Siri is pre installed. SIRI is not the best in the world. Reason ask for something and get replies of some question.

Sent from my 64gb iPad 1

Though spire in itself is legal the siri proxies are not and apple is really cutting down on users using siri on non iphone 4S devices.

Apple are trying to install security certificates to hinder the use of their servers but after reading posts from genuine iPhone 4s owners they are getting hit too making Siri go down.

Apple in my opinion won't chase these companies using the Californian law and in time will prob just leave their apple servers alone due to their tinkering affecting iPhone 4s users.

Hopefully apple will see that their argument that their Siri assistant won't work on iPhone 4 is flawed and maybe start to allow Siri to be used on older idevices. At the end of the day it was tested in iPhone 4 idevices anyway.

I have Siri on my iPhone 4 and it works just fine.

Why did I want Siri ?

Because apple said I couldn't have it !!

Of course apple will say it does not work on the 4, they probably know it does but it will hurt 4S sales if they suddenly added siri to the 4 in a fw update. Siri is useless any way but people are still curious and really want to try siri and see what all the fuss is about

Of course apple will say it does not work on the 4, they probably know it does but it will hurt 4S sales if they suddenly added siri to the 4 in a fw update. Siri is useless any way but people are still curious and really want to try siri and see what all the fuss is about

So your agreeing that the processor upgrade and better camera specs weren't enough to tempt current iPhone users and potential new users to get the iPhone 4s.

Siri does have its uses even in beta form and I can see apple further integrating it into new releases and functions.
I use Siri for sending texts and making notes and reminders as well as setting alarms.

Evi is sometimes better for information finding.

When the keynote happened for the 4s Apples shares nose dived ! Let's hope the next iPhone has the WoW factor !

So your agreeing that the processor upgrade and better camera specs weren't enough to tempt current iPhone users and potential new users to get the iPhone 4s.

Yes and no, for a lot of iPhone 4 users it was worth it and they are happy with their choice but a lot of youtubers who only bought it do they can make another video would says the upgrade is not worth it, Siri seems to be the biggest reason to get one but I am sure a lot of people did not care about Siri and wanted upgraded spec like the 8mp camera or the a5 chip, for me I nearly upgraded for the 64gb model.

Siri does have its uses even in beta form and I can see apple further integrating it into new releases and functions.
I use Siri for sending texts and making notes and reminders as well as setting alarms.

Evi is sometimes better for information finding.

Siri from what I understand works pretty well in the us but no where else. I think on newer devices we will see Siri like the iPad 3 but imagine ifape added Siri to any device on the 5.xx firmware? It would hurt sales for sure IMO but how badly?apple did not want to risk it and find out.

When the keynote happened for the 4s Apples shares nose dived ! Let's hope the next iPhone has the WoW factor !

If I had the cash I would buy the new iPhone every year regardless of the changes. It seems apple will change design every two iPhones but by the next one Siri will be out of beta as well

Software like Siri sometimes never looses it's beta status cos there is always room for improvement