What's new

good bye apple

Happy Trials! Just kidding. Try this before you give up. Go to any carrier that sells iPhone as well as Android or HTC, or whatever you really like type of phone. Ask them which phones are bought most and brought back the least. I bet almost if not every store will say the iPhone. There is something to that I suppose. Price for the new phone seems a bit much, but truly it’s not. Think about what most people pay for a pack of cigarettes or an energy drink daily. The cost is most likely less to own an iPhone X if you break it down as such. To each their own, it I’ve too been down the android road, and it just doesn’t hold a candle to the smoothness of iOS. JMHO’s. Good day.

So I have decided to say good bye to apple. I have owned iphone since iphone 3g.
What makes me do this? Simple...
Reading about apple hiding their billions from the taxman and then charging 999 for the iphone X.... Greedy bastards!

Secondly, the new IoS. My phone drasticly changed its behaviour since ios 11.
I do believe this is intensional to force people into spending on the new device. Greedy and rude bastards!!
My phone freezes often, battery lasts half day, when typing, letters wont show up until few seconds later, email doesnt update as it should...and plenty of more issues making me frustrated with my iphone.

Lastly, it makes me angry that apple thinks all people are stupid like the ones who sleep on the street to spend 999 on a new as first. ( Who cares? )

So this is my goodbye to apple

Sounds like you should buy an updated iPhone (7 or 8). [emoji106][emoji41][emoji106]

The only thing I can say is it sounds like you just want to jump ship that’s fine and get whatever phone you want but I don’t think there is anything wrong with the phone I have the 7+ and I love it but I am upgrading to 10 simply because it’s cool

Before saying good riddance to Apple, may I suggest you try helping yourself.

Back up your iPhone 6 to iTunes in its entirety. Do a physical to your PC / iMac backup, then a backup to iCloud.

Wipe your device clean by doing a total reset.

Restore your device from the backup.

IF your iPhone is truly in perfect physical working order (a.k.a. undamaged) this will speed up your device immediately, and completely eliminates the problems you were having [emoji4][emoji106]

Try it. It worked for me on an ancient iPad 2. I also gained 15GB space doing this, on a 32GB device.

Try it and let us know what happens [emoji4].

Why would wiping the device then restoring it back to the way it was help?

Why would wiping the device then restoring it back to the way it was help?

That’s the whole point. Restoring the device doesn’t REALLY restore it “exactly” the way it was before.

You’ll get your apps and your data back, but it appears to dramatically streamline the OS, removing quite a lot of unneeded detritus, and speeding your device up dramatically.

I don’t work for the Apple Genius Bar, so I can’t precisely explain how this works.
Suffice to say, when I wiped my old (5.5 year old) iPad 2 32GB, which previously had barely 4GB space left, wiping and restoring resulted in me suddenly ending up with 15GB of space being available on the iPad. That’s a gain of 11GB.

I’m curious, what was in that 11GB that was not restored and was obviously no longer required?
The mind boggles.

What is certain is the iPad 2 was definitely much faster, with noticeably less lag than before, after the wipe and restore!

I did this in August 2017. It worked. I’d heard it recommended in the past; yes, I was sceptical too - however, it DID work!

Perhaps it has to do with the way the iOS file structure works when in prolonged use, especially with multiple major iOS updates?

I REALLY don’t know.

Try it - you might well be pleasantly surprised [emoji4].

thanks for all your replies guys. I will try the above as my unhappiness with my once beloved iphone continues

guys, I have finally made up my mind. The winner is Google Pixel 2 XL 64gb black...
the easy of use, displey, price etc etc beats even the iphone X

Google Pixel 2 XL, interesting. Six month down the road, let me know how you feel about that change... I may join you. [emoji106][emoji41][emoji106]

I use both phones as my daily drivers ... excellent both sides ... no issues with Pixel at all although so much news out with all kinds of troubles...love my iPhone X as well ...build quality and smooth as well ...winning phones!

Beat of luck...

Google Pixel 2 XL, interesting. Six month down the road, let me know how you feel about that change... I may join you. [emoji106][emoji41][emoji106]

[emoji106]

I use both phones as my daily drivers ... excellent both sides ... no issues with Pixel at all although so much news out with all kinds of troubles...love my iPhone X as well ...build quality and smooth as well ...winning phones!

Beat of luck...

I compared them both live and I was stunned by the pixels displey. Its unreal how sharp it is. I like the size of the icons compared to iphone X. Love the control center on it too. Importantly the location services can be switched on/off with one touch. The ability to use flash player, amazing. Price and accessories included in it, amazing. Google cloud drive unlimited for free.
Iphone X is a nice phone too but I couldnt live with the ios and the size of the icons. They are too big for the size of that displey.
Cant wait to get my hands on it [emoji4]
PS: the issues of the pixel are being patched by google.

Last edited: