What's new

Calls on 4S

blackngray70

Reaction score
Just about every time I send a call on my Verizon 4S there is just silence, I have to end the call then call again and then it will connect.

Is anyone else having this issue?

Yeah, this is something with Verizon tho... I noticed this with my Android phones (had Android 3.5 years before I got my iPhone 4s) -- and yes, I notice this on my iPhone 4s as well.

Basically, you aren't getting the "ringing" that happens on initiation of a call. If you stay on, you'll notice the person you called will say "hello?" after 5-10 seconds just because you didn't get the ringing to start with. This happened to me yesterday while calling a family member. I notice it's happening a lot more often these last few weeks.

I have a Droid (Dec 09) and a 4 S. Both are on VZW. I've not had any issues making or receiving phones calls. When I had my 3G with AT&T I had all kinds of trouble. I dropped more calls in 6 months with AT&T than I had the previous 7 years with VZW.

Thanks for your response.

I kinda figured it was probably just a Verizon thing. I've tried the *228 thing but it didn't seem to help. It's not a big deal just a little annoying.