What's new

Screen doesnt shut off during calls

dyrelogan

Reaction score
My iPhones screen will not shut off during calls most of the time and I'm wondering if anyone else is having this issue?

yes, I had the same issue. I believe its a known issue. If you are jailbroken, you can install callLock from cydia.

Don't want to jailbreak and void my warranty.

You should bring it to the apple store. Then if they can't fix it, then you should be able to get a new one.

If I do that, this will be the THIRD iPhone 4 I have had in three weeks, the first one being a brand new one from Verizon but had to take it to Apple because the battery life just was not lasting at all, this second one that they said was "not quite" a refurbished phone, and now another "new" replacement? I haven't had any issues (except for the 4.2.1 software update) with my iPod Touch 3rd Gen, and my iPad 64GB wifi devices. The iPhone 4 is not standing up to any "hype" that Verizon and Apple and users have attested to in my book.

I'm assuming there are a lot of Viphones with problems it being an initial launch. Best of luck.

Shouldn't be. All it is is an AT&T iPhone with Verizon logo in the top left corner screen and the antenna moved and a couple other barely noticeable things. The hardware and software are still pretty much the same, right?

They are mostly the same phone but as you said there are differences. Also its with a brand new network so there is going to be teething problems.

The proximity sensor was a well known issue with the original iPhone 4. It seems like it's still not been fixed yet. You should get another replacement no problem. Sounds like you've not had the best of luck. I know how you feel I had around 7-8 3GS's in the space of as many months...

The proximity sensor problem with the original iPhone 4 w/ ATT have been fixed with updates. Looks like Verizon didn't get the proper update to fix it! Best of luck!

I believe the parts were purchased from a different company while working on compatibility with the CDMA network.

They are mostly the same phone but as you said there are differences. Also its with a brand new network so there is going to be teething problems.

The proximity sensor was a well known issue with the original iPhone 4. It seems like it's still not been fixed yet. You should get another replacement no problem. Sounds like you've not had the best of luck. I know how you feel I had around 7-8 3GS's in the space of as many months...

Yikes! And I thought my problems with cel phones were bad LOL I had three Droid Eris', 4 Droid X's and now two Apple iPhone 4's since after summer last year. Thought maybe it was just Verizon, but AT&T is also having these same issues, so at least I'm not alone. I will head to the Apple store then. But I love the Apple store, so this gives me an excuse to go and salivate over all the Apple products I wouldn't mind having. :)

my iphone is doing real good. ive only had it a week. if you jailbreak, you can always restore with itunes

or just hit the power button and it will turn off the screen in call. dont hold it just hit it in call.

my iphone is doing real good. ive only had it a week. if you jailbreak, you can always restore with itunes

or just hit the power button and it will turn off the screen in call. dont hold it just hit it in call.

I think this only works when you have the headset plugged in. When I'm on a call and hit the power button, it ends the call.