What's new

3 way calling issues

Ang0702

Reaction score
Hi every one. Has anyone experienced any problems trying to 3 way a call? I am having issues with it. When I am on the phone with a caller and I try to add another caller on I end up having to disconnect all three calls in order to end up hanging up with the second caller! As a matter of fact I also notice that if the second caller hangs up the phone and I try to connect someone else, it is saying that there are mutiple calls even if the second caller hung up. It won't let me connect anyone else unless I hang up the phone and call the original caller back. Another issue is that if I try to add someone, again on a three way call, and the second caller has no voice mail and they're not home and the phone keeps ringing and ringing there is no way to end the call unless I hang up on all three lines and call the original caller back. I called Apple about this and their tech support agent suggested that I let the phone ring and once the person answers then merge the calls but the problem with that is that if they dont pick up I am still stuck with a multiple call screen which does not allow me to add anyone else until I hang up all the lines. I am really dumb founded that there is no resolution to this! I asked a girlfriend of mine who also has an Iphone with AT&T and she had no problem with the three way calling at all. Has anyone else out there experienced the same issue? Is there an application that I can get to fix this???

Huge iPhone fan...got in early and have been an apostle for these things...til i switched to verizon that is. I switched from at&t to get on a Verizon family plan with my wife thinking we'd save a few bucks a month and what the heck, an iPhone's an iPhone right? Wrong...

I've got the same problem as the guy above and it's driving me crazy.

When I'm on a call and I get an incoming call, I can't hang up the current call and accept the new one. Highly annoying for lots of reasons (most of which are listed in the previous post), but the most annoying to me personally is that my iPhone 4 won't let me do something a razor flip phone from 5 years ago could do.

Please fix this...or tell me how to fix it. Seems impossible that there's not some easy solution for this.

Oh...and while you're at it step up the GPS too. Just saying...I shouldn't have to pay $10.00 extra a month for VZ Nav to get a decently functional GPS unit.

Monthly bill's barely cheaper...wondering right now whether at&t was a better deal after all.

I hope someone at Verizon is actually monitoring these boards. I broke my at&t contract to move over...if I can't figure out how to do something as simple as take an incoming call I'll move back over just to have a phone that doesn't create a speedbump I simply don't have time for.

I can't comment on the 3-way issues, but I have to wonder about Chuck's comments regarding the GPS. Many of us are using 3rd party GPS apps with excellent results. I personally use MotionX GPS Drive and couldn't be happier. What do you mean by "step up the GPS" Chuck? What kinds of issues are you having?

I too have noticed this as well...I will be on a call and if I get another incoming call the only options I have is to put the current call on hold or not take the incoming call, no other options. I will be calling Verizon in the morn on this one!

stuberger said:
I too have noticed this as well...I will be on a call and if I get another incoming call the only options I have is to put the current call on hold or not take the incoming call, no other options. I will be calling Verizon in the morn on this one!

Unfortunately they don't have an answer. I went to Verizon and they were clueless. It's SO frustrating! I have been with Verizon since 1999 and u really can't beat the call quality. I really wish they would do something to fix this! It truly bothers me bcz a lot of my calls are international which makes this all harder. I just can't believe that Apple themselves can't suggest anything either.

DaveM said:
I can't comment on the 3-way issues, but I have to wonder about Chuck's comments regarding the GPS. Many of us are using 3rd party GPS apps with excellent results. I personally use MotionX GPS Drive and couldn't be happier. What do you mean by "step up the GPS" Chuck? What kinds of issues are you having?

The native, standard GPS is all im talking about. It's pretty unreliable and in bigger city settings can be hard to follow...too easy to take the wrong turn. VZ Nav is an app just like Tom Tom or the rest and it's a big upgrade...but you'd think paying this much for what's supposed to be the most advanced phone on the market you'd get a more competitive native GPS.

Minor gripe but still a gripe. The call waiting issue is the one I'd rather they dealt with.

chuckallenfloyd said:
The native, standard GPS is all im talking about. It's pretty unreliable and in bigger city settings can be hard to follow...too easy to take the wrong turn. VZ Nav is an app just like Tom Tom or the rest and it's a big upgrade...but you'd think paying this much for what's supposed to be the most advanced phone on the market you'd get a more competitive native GPS.

Minor gripe but still a gripe. The call waiting issue is the one I'd rather they dealt with.

I'm going to call Apple again later on today and let u guys in on what they tell me.

I understand about the minor gripe, but forget about the VZ Navigator and consider one of the other good inexpensive GPS apps out there. BTDT.