What's new

Zagg screen shields

Silverado8405

Reaction score
Anyone else have issues keeping a zagg protector from pealing up on their phone with an otter box commuter case?

I've pealed up 2 original protectors by catching them with the rubber insert on the case. The last one all I did was squeeze the sides of the case when I pulled it out of my pocket and it pealed up.

This morning I finished drying a case friendly hd protector and pealed the whole corner up when I put the case on. The rubber part of the case went fine but when I snapped the plastic on it caught the corner and up it went.

Maybe it's just me but this is rather irritating to spend the time putting a protector on to have it peal off so shortly afterwards.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Zagg are guaranteed for a lifetime so you should send yours back for a replacement.

If you are doing a wet application, it is highly suggested that you wait 48 hours before putting a case on.

I personally use Ghost Armor and a Otterbox Commuter with no issue. And I did wait for it to be fully dried to avoid that exact issue.

Yeah the one yesterday was more my rushing than anything else, but the other two that it happened to previously had both been on the phone for over 2 months before they pealed up.

Let me ask another question, are they prone to releasing at the edges over time like decals sometimes do? That may explain why I pealed up the other two, if the edges started lifting or something.

I have no Zagg experience to answer that question. Ghost Armor has not done that to me yet. But I am rather easy on my phone so I also may be an exception not the rule to your question. Wish I could be more help than that.

Yeah the one yesterday was more my rushing than anything else, but the other two that it happened to previously had both been on the phone for over 2 months before they pealed up.

Let me ask another question, are they prone to releasing at the edges over time like decals sometimes do? That may explain why I pealed up the other two, if the edges started lifting or something.

i dont think they are supposed to peel,have a look at the guarantee and see what it says.

Funny you ask that, just got this in my email today.

If you are Zealous About Great Gadgets like we are at ZAGG®, your invisibleSHIELD® may
pick up an occasional ding, scratch, or peel as it protects your expensive electronics. We love
helping our customers keep their gadgets scratchproof and looking new, and because you
purchased the original invisibleSHIELD®, you have the peace of mind that comes with the ZAGG
Lifetime Replacement Guarantee!
Our Easy Warranty Process will help you refresh your invisibleSHIELD® and keep your device
looking in perfect condition. Please keep this email for future reference!

Apparently they do peel and zagg acknowledges it.

Yes, mine peeled back on my droid phone over time. All around the edges and corners. Just a very small portion, no biggie. Applying the zagg screen protector was a real challenge for me, surprised I only had that much peeling at the end.

My first Zagg was horrendous. I had it on my iPad 2 and man the wet application process formed little crystallized bits of the spray and it basically stuck in between my screen and the protector. Threw it out not knowing there was a lifetime warranty for it. Bought a new one, same problem.... My iPhone was no problem at all. Just peeled, applied and it works fine til this day. Might just be the fact that it's smaller and easier to apply.

Thank goodness for the warranty I was able to exchange my old one. I had similar issues with peeling when using certain cases.

I remember when i bought 3gs
, i took zagg screen. After few months it became so dart, that i tought my screen died or something. I went back to my country so life time waranty did not owrk for me. I did god life time dirty screen :). After that i stoped buying expencive
protectors, cheep one's do the job.