What's new

Zagg InvisibleShield HD

all of the replacements have been shipped directly from ZAGG themselves. i still like the product i just wished i could figure out what's causing it to change colors.
that doesn't refute my "batch" theory, Garrett. even the company sends from current batches they have on hand. the only thing that would dispel my theory (again since i have never ever had a single zagg shield go orange ever even after 6 months to a year of vigorous use) is for you to get one replacement from them - then one from a different source like a mall store. it would be unlikely in that scenario that it would be a batch issue if both turned orange fast.

i asked you a few posts back what the zagg reps say? and are you using "their" mixture of distilled water and dish soap that they send in the package? or are you using your tap water to install the shield. are you following their instructions "to the letter" with the included materials? tryin' to help you get to the bottom of it. your experience is definitely not the norm for the zagg shield in my experience and experience of many others i've recommended it to.

I should also add that I've always had a Zagg rep at one of their mall carts do my installs. I've never installed one myself. They make clear in their instructions that 'dry' installs or installs using tap water won't work to their specs.

Will these affect the proximity sensor and can I use a front and back cover inside a Otter Box Defender?

Sent from my OEM iPhone

I should also add that I've always had a Zagg rep at one of their mall carts do my installs. I've never installed one myself. They make clear in their instructions that 'dry' installs or installs using tap water won't work to their specs.

Just FYI for other folks...if you buy the HD version from somewhere else, then you can still get the mall carts to install it for you for $5.

I want a back cover for when it's out of the Defender. I do carry it put of the box now and again.

Sent from my OEM iPhone

Hi, all! I was considering getting one of these (currently using the "old" one on my 4s), but not sure if the Apple Border that I use will reach the ends of the screen protector, since it is shorter. Any thoughts on this?

I have never used anything BUT Zagg on my screens on every phone I've owned and my protectors are being delivered today can't wait!

that doesn't refute my "batch" theory, Garrett. even the company sends from current batches they have on hand. the only thing that would dispel my theory (again since i have never ever had a single zagg shield go orange ever even after 6 months to a year of vigorous use) is for you to get one replacement from them - then one from a different source like a mall store. it would be unlikely in that scenario that it would be a batch issue if both turned orange fast.

i asked you a few posts back what the zagg reps say? and are you using "their" mixture of distilled water and dish soap that they send in the package? or are you using your tap water to install the shield. are you following their instructions "to the letter" with the included materials? tryin' to help you get to the bottom of it. your experience is definitely not the norm for the zagg shield in my experience and experience of many others i've recommended it to.

ya i know its a late response but ive been out of the country for work. but i may see if i cant get one from a kiosk or retail store next time to see if it is a batch issue or not.

i haven't actually talked to any reps about it i just go online and request a replacement and they send me another and i send them my old ones. Yeah i only use the solution they send I've never had any need to use tap water or soap. If you look at the image i posted it looks like the color is coming from how I'm holding the phone like maybe the ZAGG is reacting from the oils in my skin possibly. I rarely get dirty at all from work but i am exposed to saltwater and some chemicals including different types of oils, waxes, diesel fuel, gasoline....ETC as i am a luxury charterboat captain. It could also do with the water quality in the Bahama islands as i'm there several times a week for work.

i honestly dont think ill ever know what causes the issue. I'm still a fan of the product just wished i didn't have to change them so often.

I bought 2 iPhone 4S's on February 01, and installed the Zagg invisible shield HD on both of them and both are still clear as the day I bought them.

ya i know its a late response but ive been out of the country for work. but i may see if i cant get one from a kiosk or retail store next time to see if it is a batch issue or not.

i haven't actually talked to any reps about it i just go online and request a replacement and they send me another and i send them my old ones. Yeah i only use the solution they send I've never had any need to use tap water or soap. If you look at the image i posted it looks like the color is coming from how I'm holding the phone like maybe the ZAGG is reacting from the oils in my skin possibly. I rarely get dirty at all from work but i am exposed to saltwater and some chemicals including different types of oils, waxes, diesel fuel, gasoline....ETC as i am a luxury charterboat captain. It could also do with the water quality in the Bahama islands as i'm there several times a week for work.

i honestly dont think ill ever know what causes the issue. I'm still a fan of the product just wished i didn't have to change them so often.
Thanks Garrett. That makes perfect sense to me now. It is indeed something in the water you're exposed too. High Copper content or something in the chemicals you come into contact with. Salt air can also have an unusual affect on petroleum based products like the plastics used in a Zagg Shield. Hard to tell exactly which one is culprit for you. But I assure you - you're having a "unique" experience. And it's great how willing Zagg is to replace them for so cheap. I would consider getting yourself an actual slim line case for your iPhone and only use the "Zagg shield" for the front of the phone. Then your hands won't touch the back of the phone. I love the Luxe Original cases. They're so thin but very protective and they don't take away the 'naked' feeling of the iPhone.

Happy sailing!

Just had a HD installed at Best Buy, gotta push the screen protector out of my black case before I do it on my Blaze Orange one. Thanks for the advice everyone!

Sent from my OEM iPhone

Thai said:
I have the Otterbox Defender...BUT, i punched out the screen protector that came with the case. Just push the screen protector from the front and then gradually peel it off from the backside...make sure to get all the glue off.

At this time, i have the Otterbox Defender (minus the screen protector) + Zagg HD protector...works great!! The Otterbox attached screen protector dulls the retina display along the same lines as the anti-glare screen protectors. So, now, i have the best of both worlds...a strong case with a great screen protector!

Thank you Thai! I did as you advised and the screen looks great!

Sent from my OEM iPhone

Glad you're happy. But an Otterbox entirely takes away the sexy sleekness of an iPhone. And rubber holds it up getting out ur pocket. I lasted with an Otter less than 1 day. But each to his own!! :)

I have a Realtree outer and it is not near as grabby as the pure rubber/silicon solid colored ones. My black one is difficult to get out of my pocket, but like Thai, I work in a job that is brutal on a phone. So the best protection for my phone and a little good looks or personalization is good.

The Realtree case slides in and out of the pocket pretty well for me.

Sent from my OEM iPhone