What's new

Youtube While Using iPhone(4)

nevilshute

Reaction score
Hey there,

Back before I downloaded iOS 6 I would often use youtube as a makeshift music player. I would start a youtube video, press the home button to take me out of the video. Then I would double tap the home button and slide once to the left and hit play, that way I could have the youtube "video" playing while being able to use the internet, check e-mail etc.

However, after downloading iOS 6 this no longer appears possible. I was aware that the youtube app would not be inclulded so first thing I did was to download the youtube app, but it doesn't seem to work anymore the way I just described.

Anyone able to help? :)

It worked that way before... because the YouTube app was natively built into iOS 5. Since it's no longer native... it won't have that integration to the iPhones audio playback.

Thanks for the reply. Bummer... wish I could go back to using iOS 5. I suppose that's not possible?

Thanks for the reply. Bummer... wish I could go back to using iOS 5. I suppose that's not possible?
The only way it's possible to downgrade is if you were Jailbroken @ the time you were on any version of iOS 5. Or, manually used TinyUmbrella to extract SHSHs from your iPhone while on any version of iOS 5. Do either of these apply to you?

I'm not even sure what those things mean, I'm afraid. But I'm guessing no. I just activated anew iPhone 4 (my old broke and so just got a new one) and my friend recommended I download iOS 6 so I did

If you're not sure what it means... then downgrading back to iOS 5 isn't a possibility, sorry. :-(

I feared as much. Meh, not the end of the world. Thanks for the replies.