What's new

Your favorite way to use GPS tracking online/offline?

a1insun

Reaction score
I'm curious for people's favorite ways to use GPS tracking. Google maps is getting pretty good now and available to view offline. I'm going to Egypt this next month. I'm not sure if Google is the very best though. Are there any good free apps to give maps offline, or are they setup to make money by giving you the good stuff when you are online, but making you pay if you want to take the maps offline?

What are people's favorite ways to use GPS tracking? I could see finding driving directions, or dropping a pin to vector back to a hotel. But what is the deal with people wanting to know where they had been after the fact (viewing their route while hiking/biking, etc)? Why?

Cheers!

Is that $50 once or is it a yearly thing? Is their traffic jam assessment pretty good?

[h=2]use GPS tracking online, Has it violate individual ?[/h]

MotionX GPS is for me the best I have seen. I am European and last year visited US (a lot of national parks) and tracked all my walks and car tours with this wonderful program.
I downloaded the regions I visited and used the maps offline. Your downloads are as small ore big as you want because you decide the area you want to download and the degree of detail (zoom).
At home it was very easy to reconstruct my walks (speed, max sped, avg speed .....).