What's new

Yellow Tint with White colors on i5 screen

28offroader

Reaction score
Was excited to play with my new iPhone 5 today but one problem with it is really bugging me. The screen has a yellow tint to white colors. My iPhone 4 has a lot whiter whites, but yet all other colors look deeper on the iphone 5....that I do like.
The iPhone 4 white backgrounds come across slighty blue where the i5 again comes across as yellow. I prefer the blue to the yellow.

I know this issue was reported with the 4s and a lot of people were saying it was the glue, which we later found out not to be true.

I compared 5 iPhones today side by side.... My black i5, black i4, 1 black i4s, and 2 white i4s.
Between them all the 2 white i4s had the worst yellowing, next the black i4s and finally my new i5. The only phone without yellowing was the iphone 4.

So for those of you out there with new i5's..., how does your screen look compared to the older i4 or even 4s?
I'm debating on wether to take it back and try a new one or either come to the conclusion the whites are just whiter on the i4 and learn to live with the yellowing on newer screens.

Last edited:
The white's on my iP5 are definitely white and crisp. If you're having a yellowing issue... be sure to address it w/ the carrier you purchased through or Apple.

The white's on my iP5 are definitely white and crisp. If you're having a yellowing issue... be sure to address it w/ the carrier you purchased through or Apple.

Well that's good to hear. I'd rather be able to wait and get another phone than be stuck with yellowing.

Here's a pic showing the differences.

a3ababav.jpg

I have a yellow tiny as well, should I wait maybe 2 month & take it to apple because they should have new shipments by then with this problem hopefully corrected.

28offroader said:
Here's a pic showing the differences.

That's nothing to worry about If you show that to an Apple genius you'll be brushed off.

That's nothing to worry about If you show that to an Apple genius you'll be brushed off.

I'm not worried about it or am thinking the screens going to go out, I just don't like the look of it. It's just hard to think the i5's screens an upgrade where the old i4 had better whites...and with white being shown on the screen prominately througout the os you're always looking at it. If all i5's have this yellow tint then I'll seriously debate just sticking with my i4 or possibly going to the dark side.

28offroader said:
I'm not worried about it or am thinking the screens going to go out, I just don't like the look of it. It's just hard to think the i5's screens an upgrade where the old i4 had better whites...and with white being shown on the screen prominately througout the os you're always looking at it. If all i5's have this yellow tint then I'll seriously debate just sticking with my i4 or possibly going to the dark side.

Compare it to other iPhone 5s at an apple store if they are significantly different then you have a good case for an exchange. It's not the first time someone would have gotten a bad screen or device. It happens.