What's new

Yahoo Messenger IM notification issue

TTTanyaMarie

Reaction score
I have a question that I'm hoping, hoping , hoping someone can help me with. I've searched this forum, and every other one I could find and can not find a fix.
I have a Verizon iPhone4, and all of a sudden my notifications are not working when I receive an IM through Yahoo Messenger. It has been working fine since I've had the phone, but I changed my number and ever since then when an instant message comes through I get no indication. No pop-up, no vibrating, no badge, no sound, nothing- the only way I know if I've received something is to actually go into the app. Upon changing my number I went through the Verizon programming and all that and all other things seem to be working fine- I'm getting notices for games, texts, yahoo mail etc-- just not Yahoo Messenger.
I've checked to make sure somehow my notifications didn't get turned off.. Y!Messenger specifically, I've uninstalled and reinstalled several times, rebooted the phone. I don't know what else to do. Does anyone have any idea… at all?

Go to settings and follow these pictures.
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1304107010.821971.jpg

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1304107032.969921.jpg

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1304107050.320662.jpg
Sett all on and restart your device, you should receive notifications oterwise something really wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh, don't tell me that!
I definitely did check to make sure all notifications were on- that was the 1st thing I did. I turned the 3 Y!Messenger notifications off and rebooted, then turned them back on and rebooted again.
Now it will like intermittently give me a delayed vibrate and/or badge. Still no pop-up. Argh! What in the world??

The ym app for iPhone is full of bugs and problems. Delete the app then re-install it. Plan on doing this often as the app is complete garbage.
When it's working it does have some great features.