What's new

Y - spliter for mic/speakers

Daca

Reaction score
Been searching for this sort of adapter to use my computer headphones with iPhone.

It looks like these on the photo.

Any ideas where this can be ordered on-line?

Thanks

Attachments

• $iphone_audio_adapter2.jpg
    $iphone_audio_adapter2.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 1,689
You should check radio shack or even a computer store if you have one close to where you live.

From Monoprice but they are on backorder. Linky
I've got two in my wish list so I get mine first when they are re-stocked.
razz.gif
j/k

I'm not sure if this is ok for headphones with 2 male plugs - one for speakers(on headphones) and the other for microphone.
I believe that simple splitter is not gonna work for microphone & speakers combination, but rather for 2 headphones to share a music from a single unit ie. iPad, iPhone ..

It says:
Headphone Splitter with Separate Volume Controls

Please correct me if I'm mistaken.

Thanks

I picked up a some Y-spliter a few years ago at Walmart for about $4

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I picked up a some Y-spliter a few years ago at Walmart for about $4

Yes, but did you try using the splitter with a headphones/mic .. successfully making calls?

/

Why not just use the earbuds with built in microphone that came with the phone?

I use my iPhone for business .. many calls every day. I find ear buds uncomfortable for this sort of use, thus the question.

Thanks.

:ibooks:

I use my iPhone for business .. many calls every day. I find ear buds uncomfortable for this sort of use, thus the question.

Thanks.

okay thanks i was just curious.... heres a link to few on amazon. Just search ebay or amazon for something called a "headset buddy"

http://www.amazon.com/Headset-Buddy...1HKS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1319336664&sr=8-1

Amazon.com: Headset Buddy: PC Headset to 3.5mm Smartphone Adapter: Convert Dual 3.5mm to 3.5mm, PC Computer Headset to iPhone, Blackberry, Droid, Palm, Samsung, LG, HTC: Electronics

Thanks.

If you find earbuds uncomfortable why don't you just get a bluetooth head set. They have the in ear head sets and even wraparound head sets. I have an insignia BT headset that worked very well.

I'm not sure if this is ok for headphones with 2 male plugs - one for speakers(on headphones) and the other for microphone.
I believe that simple splitter is not gonna work for microphone & speakers combination, but rather for 2 headphones to share a music from a single unit ie. iPad, iPhone ..

It says:

Thanks

That's a good question and I'll have to try that when I get mine. I would suspect that it would work as an input as well as an output. For $2.24 (+shipping) you're not really risking that much trying but do as you please. :)

It says:

Thanks

If you need separate channels for input and output, there's a recently "kickstarted" project to build a solid component that does just that. Search for "esdevices wiretap"