What's new

Xmarks bookmark sync doesn't run on iOS 11 - RESOLVED

Shiloh

Reaction score
Rather than sync my more than 8000 bookmarks on my PC with Safari browser on my iPhone, which would be a total mess, I always used Xmarks Premium. The bookmarks from my PC were contained in the Xmarks app on my iPhone in neat folders exactly as they appear in my PC browser and I could direct them to open in Safari. All was well until I upgraded to iOS 11. I then discovered that Xmarks will not run on iOS 11 and there is no update available. After submitting a problem ticket I received a response saying that they are aware of it, that there are no plans, but that the devs will be looking into it. Whatever that means. Xmarks Premium, is a paid subscription service; annual payment is required to use it on mobile devices. I and many others have paid to have it on our iPhones and iPads. There is a forum and a thread in that forum that is rapidly filling with complaints. If anyone uses Xmarks Premium on an Apple mobile device, I suggest you file a trouble ticket and post on the forum.

It would seem to be unethical to continue to charge you and the other affected users the subscription fee for an app that no longer works. Do the developers have any intention giving you a refund from the time the app became unusable.

Now the dumb thing no longer works in Firefox on my PC since the newest update. Can't win for losing...