What's new

Worklfow to backup photos to a computer to make spce in the cloud

oompa_l

Reaction score
I'm looking for a best method approach to making room on my iPhone and iCloud storage. I am traveling for a few months and I want to remove photos to a computer for archiving. Can anyone suggest a good approach?
Thanks!

I'm still struggling with this - if anyone can help I would really appreciate it

At the moment I am deleting stuff - apps music even photos- in order to make room for more photos and it's really not ideal. Questions:
1. Why when I delete files does my available storage not go from 0kb to whatever space I freed up? What am I overlooking?
2. If I manage to figure out how to mass upload my pictures to a local computer, what is the right way to clear these pics from the iPhone to make room for new ones?
3. Assuming my photos are already backed up to he iCloud (no idea if they are), if I were to delete them off the phone would that also delete them from the iCloud?

Again this situation is really causing some serious problems. It may seem dead simple but I can't figure out the right way to go about things - I fear losing all my photos in the process

Please help?!?!

Thanks in advance