What's new

Woke this AM to a dead/turned off phone

dvtrv

Reaction score
my phone was at 100% last night.

This morning phone was off and only had 60% battery when I managed to start it up.

I had to press home and power button together to do so.

Why, how and any reason for this?

Missed my alarm because of this.

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Are you sure you didn't have an overnight power failure while you slept? Do you connect your iPhone directly to a charger plugged into a wall socket or do you connect the charging cord to the USB port on your computer?

No power failure.

Phone was not on charge as left it at 100% as I usually do.

I normally awake with late 90's percent if not still at 100%

Are you sure you didn't have an overnight power failure while you slept? Do you connect your iPhone directly to a charger plugged into a wall socket or do you connect the charging cord to the USB port on your computer?

Try going to Settings>Battery to see if you can find out what used all that battery power overnight. An iPhone on standby should take a couple of weeks to lose 40% of it's charge, not a few hours.

Try going to Settings>Battery to see if you can find out what used all that battery power overnight. An iPhone on standby should take a couple of weeks to lose 40% of it's charge, not a few hours.
Ok.

Thank you

This happened to me, but only once. I did as SciFan57 suggested, and somehow over night, my battery usage showed 70% of my usage was from my lockscreen. I never figured out how or why that happened, and it hasn't happened again since. Just woke up one morning and my phone was nearly dead, but was 100% when I set it down before bed.

Bizarre hey/. Ah well.

If you have a lot of alerts set up and they come in at night your lock screen will light up like a junkie at a Grateful Dead concert. With your screen brightness on high this will burn some battery

My iPad Air 2 did the same 2 nights ago, had it on charge while watching YouTube it was on 100%.
When l turned it off and went to bed.

I checked that auto on/off was set for 10 minutes like normal.

It was unplugged. Next day it was down to 41% during use l had the feeling it was using the power quicker.

Did a black screen reset and reloaded it, since then it's been fine.