What's new

Will You PreOrder the X?

Will You PreOrder the X?

• Total voters
Yes, it is surprising how fast you can chew through memory. I was hoping for a 512GB option but...

Want to order one but really hesitant because of the Face ID login. How am I going to turn my phone on while driving, how can I see the time in the middle of the night when I reach for my phone, I ride bikes also, so that's going to be a problem obviously.

Want to order one but really hesitant because of the Face ID login. How am I going to turn my phone on while driving, how can I see the time in the middle of the night when I reach for my phone, I ride bikes also, so that's going to be a problem obviously.
You could pull over before turning your iPhone on, it's safer than doing it while you're driving down the road. Face ID uses infrared sensors so it will work in darkness. BTW, pressing the power button wakes up the iPhone and the time is displayed on the lock screen.

You could pull over before turning your iPhone on, it's safer than doing it while you're driving down the road. Face ID uses infrared sensors so it will work in darkness. BTW, pressing the power button wakes up the iPhone and the time is displayed on the lock screen.

It's not unsafe to reach for a home button to turn your phone on though :) I only use bluetooth in my car to talk plus I sometimes connect to my iphone music with my car stereo. Seems like FaceID is going to be more of a hassle than convenient. BTW, where is the power button on the X? I thought it only had FaceID to turn on.

I think face ID will be much more convenient than any other way to unlock your phone. Even with touch ID you have to have your finger on the pad just right and forget about it working if your hands are damp or have gloves on.

It's not unsafe to reach for a home button to turn your phone on though :) I only use bluetooth in my car to talk plus I sometimes connect to my iphone music with my car stereo. Seems like FaceID is going to be more of a hassle than convenient. BTW, where is the power button on the X? I thought it only had FaceID to turn on.
The power button is in the same place as on the iPhone 6 and later, on the right side about a third of the way down from the top.

There
are traffic experts who say reaching for a cell phone is dangerous, in fact, it's part of the basic description for Inattentive Driving. You don't have to agree, but that doesn't mean you are right.

Thanks for all the replies. I agree with you all and I am very aware of not using/holding my phone while driving. I keep it on a cradle and use siri for most of my needs. Thanks for the tips.

I'll be setting my alarm for 11:55pm. I'm going to setup 4 computers and keep refreshing until i get one of them to order. I haven't been this excited about a phone since the first Droid came out. I had a Blackberry at the time and hated it.

I'll be setting my alarm for 11:55pm. I'm going to setup 4 computers and keep refreshing until i get one of them to order. I haven't been this excited about a phone since the first Droid came out. I had a Blackberry at the time and hated it.

Haha, I remember staying up all night when the Droid was released. Good times! I'm just as excited!

Getting closer. I'll have it in my iPad Apple Store app and I'll have several computers ready to go refreshing if the app doesn't work tomorrow morning. I'm ready. I really hope I get one of the ones available first. I know it's unlikely and I'm betting it'll be December before I actually get the phone, but I'm going to try my best to get one of the ones that will ship November 3rd.