What's new

Will The Zagg Full Body InvisibleShield Give Me Water Damage?

bobby6758

Reaction score
I just finished installing it. and might i say it looks amazing. just a few bubbles but i was told it would go away soon.

while i was applying it i had the solution leaking out the sides while i was squeeging it. i kno thats normal and all. i was sure to wipe it off within 10 seconds. will it give water damage ?

Nope, the water damage sensors are in the headphone jack and the 30pin connector at the bottom.

ohh alright thanks relieved me a little there ! ahaha
and another question,
ive got a couple of tiny air bubbles, those will gp

Have a close look at the zagg protection with a white screen (ie your email screen) - hold the phone at different angles. Do you have any perfectly straight, parallel rainbow lines running down the screen?

The bubbles tend to want to go away, but its been 4 days and there are tiny ones still in my ipad one...

Seems a bit variable, but the rainbow lines killed it for me.

I was worried about the water damage too, but it seems like most of the really bubbleless protectors use fluid to get em on. I just made sure I had a towel nearby to soak up the excess...

Have a close look at the zagg protection with a white screen (ie your email screen) - hold the phone at different angles. Do you have any perfectly straight, parallel rainbow lines running down the screen?

The bubbles tend to want to go away, but its been 4 days and there are tiny ones still in my ipad one...

I was worried about the water damage too, but it seems like most of the really bubbleless protectors use fluid to get em on. I just made sure I had a towel nearby to soak up the excess...

I never had rainbow lines with zagg but some of the cheapy eBay ones were really bad....

Well this is what happend to me which really sux.

The solution got into the home button area and now the home button only works half the time. I was so stressed after this, but found out that the water sensors hadent been tripped, and have scheduled a meeting with a genious on thursday to hopefully get my phone replaced with a new one.

And iv ripped the zagg screen so i can send it back and get a new one. and this time when i apply it, il have to use barely any liquid.

Well this is what happend to me which really sux.

The solution got into the home button area and now the home button only works half the time. I was so stressed after this, but found out that the water sensors hadent been tripped, and have scheduled a meeting with a genious on thursday to hopefully get my phone replaced with a new one.

And iv ripped the zagg screen so i can send it back and get a new one. and this time when i apply it, il have to use barely any liquid.

If you still have issues try a iphonedevil one it's stiff and not so difficult to apply.

That really sucks. Its a crappy way to apply a shield, but its the way they all get the real no bubble look...

I was really worried about it too, and I just kept wiping the stuff out of there as soon as it squeezed out from the sides. A bit annoying.

I've got rainbow lines on my iphone which really sucks.

no, i dont not see any rainbow lines when i go to my mail. theres just a bit of an orange peel.

*UPDATE

if you put one side on a flat surface overnight, A LOT of the bubbles seem to disapeear. theres just a couple of micro bubbles. those will go away soon im sure. i might just pop some of them with a pin. as for the orange peel, it is not as noticeable as before.
and the retina display looks AMAZING with the screen on. im so happy ive got this screen. as for application. i did not find it too hard. it was my first time doing it as well. just have a fan ready to blow and dust particles away from the screen when applying tho.
overall ; amazing friggin screen ! :D looks great with the bumper and it looks as sexy as can be :)

another couple of days and the bubbles will hopefully be gone.
thank you for all your replies.

-bobby

i dont recomend popping the bubbles...just remove the sheild and try again....when it looks smuggie,i just wash it in a warm bowl of soapy water,then rinse well.
after doing the shield a couple times,youll get it with no bubbles at all

i dont recomend popping the bubbles...just remove the sheild and try again....when it looks smuggie,i just wash it in a warm bowl of soapy water,then rinse well.
after doing the shield a couple times,youll get it with no bubbles at all

i didnt even have to pop them, they went away on its own