What's new

Will iPhone 5 and iPhone 5S Cases Work on the iPhone SE?

PhilSynowiec

iPhoneForums.net News Team
Reaction score
Apple-iPad-Pro-97inch-iPad-Air-3-Smart-Keyboard-Apple-Pencil-iPad-Air-iPhone-SE-Live-iPad-UK-Smart-Keyboard-494413.jpg
Yesterday's Apple press event is now over and done with. Today we were able to see some tech specs for the 9.7-inch iPad Pro and iPhone SE, showing that both devices were packed with 2GB of RAM.

The iPhone SE is an interest little device and has been proven to be a good size for nearly one third of iPhone users. The phone has the tech specs of an iPhone 6S, however differs by having the same exact design as the iPhone 5 and iPhone 5S.

So does this mean iPhone 5/5S owners can reuse old iPhone cases?

The answer is yes. Apple has confirmed on its website that any case fitting an iPhone 5 or iPhone 5S will fit the upcoming iPhone SE. This is great for folks looking to keep the same size display but upgrade the internals, or folks who are just getting their first iPhone.

The iPhone SE will be available for pre-order on Wednesday, March 24, and will begin shipping March 31.

I guess companies that were cutting back on production of iPhone 5/5S accessories and cases will have to ramp up production. The good thing is that they don't have to design a new type of case.

That is a really nice photo... except for the gigantic man behind the iphones...

I think Apple trying to reverse us by throwing this design to our face. But it's the most popular design which we all love..

My otter box 5S case works perfectly with my SE