What's new

Will Att prepaid plans work on iPhone 4?

Pfl212

Reaction score
Hi I'm currently looking at a few rates online and they have AT&T Togo which is prepaid. They have a really great plan which is unlimited talk,text, and web for $50. But on the side of the web page it says if using a smartphone you need to purchase a data package which I think are listed as $5-10mb, $15-100mb, $25-500mb. Is there a way if I purchased this plan with a non smart phone and then switch over to an iPhone without them knowing? I really would love to have all unlimited on the iPhone 4 without paying extra data

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anybody??? I need help ASAP!

I'm pretty sure there is a way to do it, but it would require jailbreaking.

however without jailbreaking I rather doubt that ATT would let you do such a thing on the iPhone without a plan. Thats my two cents, sorry dude.

Hi I'm currently looking at a few rates online and they have AT&T Togo which is prepaid. They have a really great plan which is unlimited talk,text, and web for $50. But on the side of the web page it says if using a smartphone you need to purchase a data package which I think are listed as $5-10mb, $15-100mb, $25-500mb. Is there a way if I purchased this plan with a non smart phone and then switch over to an iPhone without them knowing? I really would love to have all unlimited on the iPhone 4 without paying extra data

Just to clarify things a bit. The unlimited "web" part for a non-smart phone is a different data than the data that smartphones use! It is actually referred to as "mobile web browsing". This "unlimited web" or "mobile web browsing" is NOT data. So even if you were to activate a line onto a non-smart phone and then change it to an IPhone, the data that's required for browsing the Internet on the iPhone requires a totally different channel for data to enter! I'm not going into the complexity of how it actual works with your service provider but the fact is (and I've demonstrated to my friends already) that it won't work. Your provider would be more than glad to assist you but if you need data on your smartphone you have to subscribe to the ReAL Data Plan!

Hope this helps and you won't waste your time!

Just to clarify things a bit. The unlimited "web" part for a non-smart phone is a different data than the data that smartphones use! It is actually referred to as "mobile web browsing". This "unlimited web" or "mobile web browsing" is NOT data. So even if you were to activate a line onto a non-smart phone and then change it to an IPhone, the data that's required for browsing the Internet on the iPhone requires a totally different channel for data to enter! I'm not going into the complexity of how it actual works with your service provider but the fact is (and I've demonstrated to my friends already) that it won't work. Your provider would be more than glad to assist you but if you need data on your smartphone you have to subscribe to the ReAL Data Plan!

This actually did help alot, thanks. So what prepaid phone company would you suggest in which I can use in the my jailbroken iPhone and Get unlimited talk and text with data working?

This actually did help alot, thanks. So what prepaid phone company would you suggest in which I can use in the my jailbroken iPhone and Get unlimited talk and text with data working?

I'm sorry bro but there are NONE prepaid plans that have unlimited DaTa for ur iPhone whether JB or NO JB! Sorry bro. The service providers automatically know that u r using a smartphone once u connect to their services!

Sorry about the bad news.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

IDK where you're from but here in Fresno, Cali... there are local cell phone shops who offer similar plans as the one you described for us iPhone users. $40 unlimited talk, SMS, and MMS.... and for $50 you get all that and unlimited data usage. I'm not sure as how good the quality is (ei... internet speed, call quality, dropped calls), but as soon as I can get out of my contract I'm gonna try it out!

IDK where you're from but here in Fresno, Cali... there are local cell phone shops who offer similar plans as the one you described for us iPhone users. $40 unlimited talk, SMS, and MMS.... and for $50 you get all that and unlimited data usage. I'm not sure as how good the quality is (ei... internet speed, call quality, dropped calls), but as soon as I can get out of my contract I'm gonna try it out!

What company? Sounds good. I'm from Chicago illinois

Yes, but out buddy was referring to prepaid plans? Unless that wasn't the initial query?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have a micro sim in an iPhone 4 running data on a go phone account. I told AT&T I needed the sim and they gave me one. Put it in and changed the APN settings. $2.00 a day is what I pay.

Hi why don't you just jailbreak it use a gevey sim and put a tmobile sim and you can get the unlimited every thing for only $50 but only the first 80 mb will be on 4 g speed and the rest of the month you will be on edge it's alot of work I did it for me and my sis but it works fine no problems yet

Hi why don't you just jailbreak it use a gevey sim and put a tmobile sim and you can get the unlimited every thing for only $50 but only the first 80 mb will be on 4 g speed and the rest of the month you will be on edge it's alot of work I did it for me and my sis but it works fine no problems yet

Edge speed sucks. Its all tmobile has here in Mankato Minnesota and the complaints we get (even after telling people this) are insane! >.>

There is no easy way to get prepaid on an iphone, sorry. You will have to jump through hoops and in the end, still pay 60ish am onth, not that much less than a contract.

Sent from The Droid... The one you were looking for...