What's new

My iPhone 4 and AT&T Prepaid goPhone [Please Help]

kenetik

Reaction score
Thank you for reading my thread and attempting to help me.

Here is my situation:
I have a jailbroken iPhone 4 running iOS 5.0.1 that was previously activated with a regular iPhone plan. I upgraded to a new iPhone 4S and had my account transferred to that phone. My friend is in need of a phone so we got the $50/mo unlimited prepaid plan. We had it turned onto a regular sim in a brick and mortar AT&t store. At home I cut the sim into a micro sim and placed it in the no longer active iPhone 4. It instantly recognized the sim and showed AT8T service. I am able to place and receive calls flawlessly. At this point I am incapable of using data on the phone. I have read articles and seen videos on youtube where people have accomplished this, but I have yet to be successful with it. I have also read that its just plain not possible and you have to add data to the account.

Help my with solutions please:
So is there a way to get the data on that plan to work; if not?
Of the people that add data plans I see people quoting different prices for different amounts of data. Some people say the $25 plan for 500mb and some people say $30 for 3GB. Can I use the "DataConnect 3GB for iPad" plan?

Help me come up with my best option. I appreciate your time!