What's new

wifi versus cellular data usage

foothillfanatic

Reaction score
First time iPhone user. Have contract thru Verizon with a small data package. Was wondering if I have the cellular data turned on and am at home with my wifi connected, does the data usage come from my cellular contract or does it automatically switch to my wifi network? It appears I am using some cellular data even when at home and connected to wifi. Any input is appreciated. Thanks.

I would turn it off for some reason the wifi goes off when the screen is locked if cellular is on, just turn it off when you use wifi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the feedback. Also, I was unsure if the Current Period for Call Time and Cellular Data Usage resets every month, or if you have to use the Reset Statistics?

First time iPhone user. Have contract thru Verizon with a small data package. Was wondering if I have the cellular data turned on and am at home with my wifi connected, does the data usage come from my cellular contract or does it automatically switch to my wifi network? It appears I am using some cellular data even when at home and connected to wifi. Any input is appreciated. Thanks.

if cellular data is on with wifi you still will not use any data. as long as the wifi is on you will be fine :D

I turn it off to be safe, I have been watching like 13 houses of YouTube many days can not take chances

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk