What's new

Wifi problem

wickedmouse

Reaction score
My 3g connection is better than my wifi. I did a speed test and the wifi shows 14209 down and 4572 up
the 3g showed 926 down and 1421 up..

yes installing and app takes 5 minutes on my wifi.. and less than 30 seconds with my 3g connection? can anyone help me resolve this issue.

I'm using verizon fios.

How is the speed on your laptop connection to the wifi? I would remove your wifi profile and add a new wifi profile. It will probably help by restarting your wireless router and iPhone.

How is the speed on your laptop connection to the wifi? I would remove your wifi profile and add a new wifi profile. It will probably help by restarting your wireless router and iPhone.

all other devices are functioning fine.. the laptop perfect.. the desktop perfect.. the wireless 360 perfect.. this damn iphone.. just doesn't want to download anything in wifi mode..

My 3g connection is better than my wifi. I did a speed test and the wifi shows 14209 down and 4572 up

yes installing and app takes 5 minutes on my wifi.. and less than 30 seconds with my 3g connection? can anyone help me resolve this issue.

I'm using verizon fios.

According to your data, your wifi is faster than your 3G.

I'm using verizon fios.

According to your data, your wifi is faster than your 3G.

Exactly the speed test is showing it right but the actual downloads are shitty on wifi ... I have to wait 3 mins for an app to dl.. On 3G it's 30 seconds.. Also pandora and other connecting apps suck on wifi ( always buffering) on 3G these apps are seamless

Gotcha! That's odd. Goto your settings, put it in airplane mode. This will kill the 3G and wifi. Then turn your wifi only and check results. It sounds like when you are in a wifi area your data is still being pulled over 3G for some reason. This test should confirm that.

Gotcha! That's odd. Goto your settings, put it in airplane mode. This will kill the 3G and wifi. Then turn your wifi only and check results. It sounds like when you are in a wifi area your data is still being pulled over 3G for some reason. This test should confirm that.

Thanks I solved the problem. My router was picking my iPhone up as my 3G for some strange reason ... I deleted it and connected again from my router ... Presto works perfectly ... Wifi is extremely fast ... So thanks again all...!!! If you have the same problem check your router settings