What's new

Wi-Fi connection problems with IOS 11

Thanks to everyone for their help. :D

I'm still going to stay away from IOS 11 for a few weeks. :)

My iPhone 8 drops WiFi constantly. When I notice I’m using data, I’ll select my WiFi and then get the message that my password is wrong. My password is not wrong because I was just connected. It’s infuriating because I’m using all this data and not realizing it. Another issue I’ve noticed is that I’ll see LTE at the top of the screen but when I go to settings, it tells me I’m connected to WiFi. I’ve updated to IOS 11.0.2. Any suggestions or do I just wait for another bug fix?

My iPhone 8 drops WiFi constantly. When I notice I’m using data, I’ll select my WiFi and then get the message that my password is wrong. My password is not wrong because I was just connected. It’s infuriating because I’m using all this data and not realizing it. Another issue I’ve noticed is that I’ll see LTE at the top of the screen but when I go to settings, it tells me I’m connected to WiFi. I’ve updated to IOS 11.0.2. Any suggestions or do I just wait for another bug fix?
I had that problem too. If doing a hard reset, resetting network settings etc. and restarting your router doesn't fix it, I would get in touch with your internet service provider.

Go to Settings>Cellular>WiFi Assist and check to see if the switch is on. If it is, you can be using cellular data even though you’re on WiFi.

Last edited:
Thanks. I’ve tried everything mentioned in the 2nd post on this thread and will see if that helps. (I’m thinking it’s not going to because as I type this, my phone lost WiFi).

Will my ISP be able to help? I’m thinking this is an iPhone issue because the android I just switched from did not have this problem.

Thanks. I’ve tried everything mentioned in the 2nd post on this thread and will see if that helps. (I’m thinking it’s not going to because as I type this, my phone lost WiFi).

Will my ISP be able to help? I’m thinking this is an iPhone issue because the android I just switched from did not have this problem.
I thought it was my phone too but it turns out it wasn't.

Can you establish a stable Wi-Fi connection using another device?

Yes, I can. My laptop, smart tv, my husband’s phone and my old android will connect and stay connected without an issue. That’s why I think the issue is primarily with this phone.

Thank you for your help though. I’ll just wait around and hope an update will correct this.

My old iPhone 4S has never (and still doesn't) had issues connecting to my wifi, never dropped off the network, just does what it is supposed to do. It is on 5.1.1

My phones on newer iOS have difficulties connecting and staying connected. Sometimes I will show full arcs and have no data capability. It may very well be your phone or iOS. In either case Apple should be able to help.