What's new

Wi-Fi connection problems with IOS 11

Whatever caused your problem, it's not a universal bug as it doesn't affect every user. I hope Apple can get your iPhone working properly without much delay.
Thanks. It seems a lot of other people have been hit by it though. Really strange...

The majority of iPhone or iPad users are complaining about the battery life. There are hardly any people with problems with Wi-Fi. Not only on this forum, but on others as well.

The majority of iPhone or iPad users are complaining about the battery life. There are hardly any people with problems with Wi-Fi. Not only on this forum, but on others as well.
Hmmm... Okay. I have really rotten luck it seems. :(

Also, people who have problems with their iPhone are more likely to post about it than people who have no problems making a problem seem more widespread than it really is.

I just tested it with another network and that works fine. I am really perplexed...

I just tested it with another network and that works fine. I am really perplexed...
Do you have another router you could try in place of the current one? It's possible that the router may be faulty. If a replacement router works, it's good evidence that the one you're using now has a fault.

Do you have another router you could try in place of the current one? It's possible that the router may be faulty. If a replacement router works, it's good evidence that the one you're using now has a fault.
Nope, that's the only one I've got unfortunately (apart from the free network at my local Tesco).

It may be faulty but it does seem to work fine with my laptop which uses Wi-Fi. It is also works fine with my desktop PC which is plugged into it. Really odd...

Nope, that's the only one I've got unfortunately (apart from the free network at my local Tesco).

It may be faulty but it does seem to work fine with my laptop which uses Wi-Fi. It is also works fine with my desktop PC which is plugged into it. Really odd...
The fact that your iPhone connects to other WiFi networks is fairly conclusive proof that there's nothing wrong with the WiFi on your iPhone. It's entirely possible for a WiFi router to connect easily to some devices but not others. If the problem is with your router, your problem will continue until the router is replaced.

It looks like my laptop is having problems connecting now too, so it may be the router is faulty.

The fact that your iPhone connects to other WiFi networks is fairly conclusive proof that there's nothing wrong with the WiFi on your iPhone. It's entirely possible for a WiFi router to connect easily to some devices but not others. If the problem is with your router, your problem will continue until the router is replaced.
Yeah, it seems it could well be the router. I'll get in touch with the service provider and ask them to send out a repair man...

Okay, so I rang up the service provider and the did a few tests and maybe a reset or something at their end and now everything works. :)