What's new

iOS 6 Causing Wi-Fi Problems For Some

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
wi-fi.JPG

AppleInsider draws attention today to a massive, 91-page-and-counting thread on Apple’s support forums, which points to quite a few iOS device owners experiencing Wi-Fi connectivity problems since installing iOS 6. According to the report, forum posters are experiencing problems on both the iPhone 4S and the latest iPad, whereby when they want to connect their device to Wi-Fi, they are unable to, because that particular option is “grayed out.” A separate, but related, issue sees device owners being able to turn on Wi-Fi in Settings, but then simply not being able to connect to the local network. Apparently Bluetooth connection is similarly affected on the devices, with users not being able to pair their device. AppleInsider says that Apple is aware of the problems, but has not made any comment yet. So far, suggested fixes by other Apple support forum users include undertaking a hard reset and reinstalling iOS 6, or, even better, resetting Network Settings and changing the HTTP Proxy to Auto. Other users have reinstalled iOS 5.1, while some have even managed to get their iPhones exchanged at the Apple Store Genius Bar.

Source: Apple iOS 6 Wi-Fi problems persist for some iDevice owners

I'm not certain the problems correlate but I tried to pair my iphone5 to MBPro and they would pair however they wouldn't connect. Kinda sucked as I had to message myself to transfer the information.