What's new

Why have several of my apps either been downgraded to the free version or disappeared altogether?

Just as an update to the above, iTunes support told me that my first purchase of the app was for the in-app purchase and the second purchase was for the full version). They refunded me $1.99 + tax for one of these two.

On Wednesday, I discovered that another app that I had purchased last year was again showing advertisements and requiring me to repurchase it for $9.99. However, there was a Restore button that, after tapping, allowed me to use the app without the advertisements.

Just as an update to the above, iTunes support told me that my first purchase of the app was for the in-app purchase and the second purchase was for the full version). They refunded me $1.99 + tax for one of these two.

On Wednesday, I discovered that another app that I had purchased last year was again showing advertisements and requiring me to repurchase it for $9.99. However, there was a Restore button that, after tapping, allowed me to use the app without the advertisements.
That restore option is very useful. I've made use of it on several occasions when re-downloading an app with in-app purchases that I've already paid for.