What's new

Why do I always receive errors in Cydia. Please help.

xfuz1on

Reaction score
Everytime I start up Cydia, it checks for any new update, and I always receive the "failed to fetch" errors as depicted in this photo:
ijv5hZ
I have almost two of every default source in Cydia when I check the sources list; Two for modmyi, three for saurik (two are titled Telesphorero Tangelo and the other one is just titled apt.saurik.com), and two for bigboss. Most of the doubled repos have one with a question mark icon next to it while the other one will have an actual icon. When I click on the repos with a question mark next to it, it brings me a blank page, but when I click on the other repo (with the same source) WITH the icon, it brings me to a page of the lists of apps developed by that developer. I have tried deleting some of the sources from Cydia.list via OpenSSH, but nothing seems to work. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

photo1.png

This is what problem I am also facing about having double default sources. I cannot seem to get rid of them. I have circled each source of the same source with corresponding colors.

Last edited:
I have almost the same problem. If you hit "edit" it will allow you to delete the active (good) ones, but not the "?" (blank) labeled ones. I looked with iFile and couldn't find anything. It's sure slowing down checking for updates. Help!

^ Yeah that is the same for me too !

You are having a bad source added to cydia, just remove the source and that's it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BAB2010,

Read my post above, and then tell me how to delete the bad sources, as the proper way to delete, them with "Edit" doesn't work. Enlighten us please, we would love to know the secret.

I have the same problem. I sure wish someone would post a fix. Help

I have already tried deleting the sources.list via iPhonebrowser; however, after I save it and relaunch cydia, the source reappears. Why do I have tWo repos of each of the default sources when I check my sources in cydia. I can't get rid of it regardless. I tried SSHing into my iPhone and deleting those sources, but the problem still persists.

BAB2010,

Read my post above, and then tell me how to delete the bad sources, as the proper way to delete, them with "Edit" doesn't work. Enlighten us please, we would love to know the secret.
i see your bug picture and they are all very important sources, saurik, thebigboss, modmyi, and cydia sources. Notice that not only cydia will be almost useless if you remove them but also cydia source has some packages install in the device allowing the device to actually be a jailbreaked phone. You will damage your phone or your jailbreak if you remove anyone of the the above sources. It's just a bug in their server, they haven't updated it and once they do it you will not get that error anymore. So i advice to wait a bit longer until they provide with updates. But if you really want to remove a source, follow this pictures as exemple.
7b796cea-6e46-766f.jpg
7b796cea-6e5b-82b3.jpg
7b796cea-6e6a-de7c.jpg
7b796cea-6e7e-7dcb.jpg
7b796cea-6e8d-8e7c.jpg
7b796cea-6ef5-60a6.jpg

And then restart close completely and restart cydia.

Last edited:
Obviously you haven't had this problem. YOU CAN NOT DELETE the duplicates with the question mark icon in EDIT mode, it does NOT give you the red delete icon for these items. All of the good sources have the red icon to delete. That's the first thing I tried.

We are talking about iOS 4.3.1 BTW.

Yeah, how are you apple to actually delete the default repos? I am not able to DELETE those sources, only sources that I have manually added myself.

photo1.png

This is what problem I am also facing about having double default sources. I cannot seem to get rid of them. I have circled each source of the same source with corresponding colors.

photo1.png

Ok i never had to face that situation and i'm also on 4.3.1
But what about rejailbreaking the phone? Have you already tried it or not? If yes and the trouble is still around then i will sugest you to change your jailbreak tool. I used redsnow to jailbreak mine and everything was fine.

Obviously you haven't had this problem. YOU CAN NOT DELETE the duplicates with the question mark icon in EDIT mode, it does NOT give you the red delete icon for these items. All of the good sources have the red icon to delete. That's the first thing I tried.

We are talking about iOS 4.3.1 BTW.

What about these?
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1302247966.552643.jpg$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1302247986.022912.jpg

It is such a hassle to rejailbreak :/. I will have to restore my phone and reinstall all my applications. I used sn0wbreeze to jailbreak my phone to preserve my baseband.