What's new

Why cant i send pictures????

I_FlutterShy_5

Reaction score
I have an iPhone 4. I can't send pictures to anyone who doesn't have a smartphone. Why is that? I've tried turning on iMessage, I've tried turning on cellular data. I've tried it by turning both off. Someone PLEASE tell me what I am doing wrong. I know that both of the people that I try to send them to, have phones that accept pictures.....I'm losing patience with this!!! Please advise.....

Do you have MMS messaging switched off? If so, turn it on.

BE8AE56B-A214-45FA-B591-27FAAE7FE836-2305-000000FDA64ED369_zpse5e18736.jpg

Hi Darkstar, I turned it on but I'm missing the part on your example that says send and receive addresses. I am on Data right now, do I have to have WiFi for I message to work? And does it matter that the people I send to dont have iPhones or Android (Smartphones)?

Hi Darkstar, I turned it on but I'm missing the part on your example that says send and receive addresses. I am on Data right now, do I have to have WiFi for I message to work? And does it matter that the people I send to dont have iPhones or Android (Smartphones)?

The example was only to show you what the MMS switch looked like. The receive addresses are just for my iMessage.

You don't have to have WiFi on to make iMessage work, cellular data works, and MMS should be able to be sent to everyone once you cut that switch on.

If you still can't send MMS after cutting it on in settings, I would make sure MMS is enabled through your carrier.

Oh thank you, I will try checking to see if MMS is enabled through my carrier which is Verizon. I guess I assumed that it was, but maybe it's something that needs to be enabled at Verizon in order for use. Thank you again, for your time! This has been driving me nuts because I was able to do it a couple of times but now I don't know why I can't. So off I go to do more investigating...lol