What's new

Who's super excited about the release of the Airpods tomorrow or Friday?

At this point, we really don't know what we are going to get. The only Airpods in existence are pre-production models.

Since Apple are keeping quiet about the reasons for the late release, we have no idea which features they aren't satisfied with.

These things could have sound quality that will match the best available. Until the reviewers and consumers get their hands on them we really don't know.

I'm still not sold on them. I'm interested to see what their long-term plan is with these premium earphones and future Beats releases though. And $200 bucks?? Maybe wires aren't that bad after all...

I couldn't wait any longer, went with the new power beats. I really wanted to try the new air pods BUT I like the ability to just let the power beats style just kinda "hang" when not in use.

Where are they $200? Apple's website says $159.
The price you see can depend on what country you're in. The Canadian price is listed as $219.00. I'll see if that changes after they become available.

No idea in Germany, l do know it's more than l would pay Apple for them.

I wonder how much damage has been done to potential sales by the delay in bringing AirPods to market.

It's quite clear that the issues causing the delay are more severe than Apple led us to believe. The silence from Apple is also allowing speculation to build. As far as I know, they have made no statement as to the cause of the delay. Problems with connectivity seems to be the favourite guess, reading comments in threads on the subject.

There seems to be a general agreement that the sound quality won't be up to the standard that $150+ devices should deliver, although I'm not sure how anyone knows this, considering no one has heard the sound produced by a production model.

I think I'll be reading what Head-Fi have to say about them before I take the plunge.