What's new

Who's getting the iPad 3 ?

For everyone who has sold or is selling their iPad 2's where have you been selling them at? Just eBay? I see they are going for quite a bit still. If I can sell mine and only have to drop an extra 100-200 bucks I will for sure be upgrading to the 3.

I would use amazon if I had the ipad 2, its a lot more safe and better then ebay imo. or you can be cheecky and make a youtube video so you dont have to pay out, not sure if it will be as effective though on youtube but its worth a try so you dont have to pay any company a cut of your pay..

I would use amazon if I had the ipad 2, its a lot more safe and better then ebay imo. or you can be cheecky and make a youtube video so you dont have to pay out, not sure if it will be as effective though on youtube but its worth a try so you dont have to pay any company a cut of your pay..
Thanx, I think I will give Amazon a shot for once.

New name guys and ladies. Instead of calling the new iPad, iPad 3 they may be calling it iPad HD at launch. Do you like that name? I prefer iPad 3, even thought its doesn't matter I'm still getting it.

firemanprice said:
New name guys and ladies. Instead of calling the new iPad, iPad 3 they may be calling it iPad HD at launch. Do you like that name? I prefer iPad 3, even thought its doesn't matter I'm still getting it.

Maybe Apple is introducing two new iPads. A larger iPad 3 and a smaller iPad HD?

Apple won't release a larger tablet then the current 9.8" iPad. There is a minimal possibility that they will release a tablet in the 7" range as each device on their lineup serves a specific function. A 7" iPad would cut into the sales of the iTouch and current iPad models. It might help gain some sales but it would be taking a bite out of the current sales for those other products.

It's a bad marketing get strategy having to many similar devices fighting for market share. Just look at GM, they had basically the same vehicles on several platforms and they were fighting each other for market share. In the long run GM ended up discontinuing several brands.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Are they calling it HD because it's in HD, or just to make people it's better....like the 4s?

iHolophyte

I could see it being called the HD iPad 3. But not the iPad HD.

What would the HD stand for? Apart from high definition which it doesn't seem to be!

iHolophyte

What would the HD stand for? Apart from high definition which it doesn't seem to be!

iHolophyte

Right now all rumors and info point to a 2048x1536 pixel resolution screen to be featured in the iPad 3 : http://www.slashgear.com/ipad-3-retina-display-supply-and-app-problems-likely-02216524/. That is more than enough to be called HD. 720p = 1280x720 pixels and 1080p Full HD = 1920x1080 pixels. So the screen, if it has the suspected resolution will indeed be an HD screen.

firemanprice said:

I love the name. I like the technical type name.

Sent from my 64gb iPad 1

Wow, thanx for all your response. A lot of you brought out some good points. Can't wait for Wed to get here.