What's new

white screen and stuck on vibrate. HELP!!!

blokeandbird

Reaction score
Hi. My iphone4 just crashed and is now showing a light grey screen with a line through it. I have tried to soft reset and nothing happens. Spoke to apple support and was told to connect to itunes and do a restore and reset but my itunes wont show my phone. Please help.

Take it to the store is your best option. It could be a hardware issue so far as itunes is not recognizing it, and actually u can't do anything without itunes. But before u go, try restart your computer and connect your phone again. If nothing then go to apple store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Open up windows clock (or Mac clock), because counting don't work. Press power button for 5 seconds, without releasing press home button and continue holding both for 10 second, then release power button but keep on holding to home button for 30 seconds. Do a restore.

Thanks for your help. Went to Apple store and they replaced the phone for me straight away so I am happy again now.

Thanks for your help. Went to Apple store and they replaced the phone for me straight away so I am happy again now.

That's great. I love apple for that fact.

Yes, no doubt that Apple will honor their commitments, which is great. However, many, many of us live over a hundred miles from the nearest Apple store. If mine ever goes sour (I have the Apple Care thing...) I don't know what I'll do. Can phones be "mailed/FedEx'ed/whatever to the Apple Store? Sorry to put you on the spot!!

That's great. I love apple for that fact.

Yes, no doubt that Apple will honor their commitments, which is great. However, many, many of us live over a hundred miles from the nearest Apple store. If mine ever goes sour (I have the Apple Care thing...) I don't know what I'll do. Can phones be "mailed/FedEx'ed/whatever to the Apple Store? Sorry to put you on the spot!!

I don't think that the option to mail or fedex an iPhone to apple store for repair or change is on topic at apple, unfortunately i think u can only show up there with the device and some documents for a free repair or a phone change. I'm saying this because, i've never hear of any of apple po.box serving for repair or what so ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, bab2010. Too bad about the Apple Store......