What's new

White Cydia icon after JB

Thomasjtsi

Reaction score
JBing a friends iPhone 4 GSM tonight, using redsn0w 0.9.14b2. Restored as new device from our GSM 5.1.1 iPhone 4 IPSW link... same as I did w/ my iP4 yesterday. Only this time, after the JB goes through... the Cydia icon is White. Hard Reset, fully powered down, even ran redsn0w again.... Cydia icon is STILL white. Suggestions?

This happens every now and then.....Try downloading iWipeCache from cydia. Run the app and it will clear the icon cache then respring the phone. This should fix any blank icon issues.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using iPF.net

This happens every now and then.....Try downloading iWipeCache from cydia. Run the app and it will clear the icon cache then respring the phone. This should fix any blank icon issues.
There lies the problem... I can't even open Cydia since it's sitting there as a white icon.

I would try another restore and jailbreak again.
Pretty much what I was thinking. Just thought I'd throw it out there to see if anyone had a simple fix other than that. Ugh!! I'll run a fresh restore tomorrow and JB again.

You could try re-running the jailbreak and unchecking "install Cydia" before restoring
Ahhh... that's what I may have done wrong. When I ran redsn0w the second time I didn't uncheck that. I'll give it a go in the morning. Thanks J!!

FIXED!! Ran redsnOw and unchecked "Install Cydia" as Jmills suggested.. no luck. Did some research & found an old fix. Run redsnOw & "Just Boot" a tethered (its an Untether JB.. I know) reboot. Not sure why it works but... it did.