What's new

Which to get5s 64GB or the 6,64 GB?

nathalie.bonang

Reaction score
The other day I bought an IPhone 5s 64 GB at the Apple Store.First they said they had none but then then He said they did. Didn't open the box because I found out the same day Apple discontinued the 5 s 64 GB.I called the store and they said that the new iPhone 6 is only 30$ unlocked!!!I paid $829 for the discontinued one and the new one is $859!I never had an iPhone or any other smart phone,so any of them would be great obviously.but I can't help but think,shouldn't the 5s be cheaper if it is discontinued and should I get the newer one.the only difference seems to be the A8 chip and the size,which I am not too crazy about.could really use some opinions on that since I have been searching the web and got so much pros and cons,it is mind blowing....so anyone got some solid advice?thanks :)

If you want the larger screen size, faster processor, and iPhone 6 only features such as Apple Pay, it would certainly make sense to return your 5S within the 14 day return period. The iPhone 5S subsidized price has been reduced as only the 16 and 32gb versions are currently available. The full price unlocked version will likely be reduced at some point as well.

Also, since the iPhone 6 is one year newer it will receive regular updates for a longer period than the 5S.

BTW, it's always been Apple policy to remove discontinued devices from sale as soon as they've been discontinued. The remaining stock would be shipped to authorized Apple resellers with some held back for warranty replacement.

I've deleted the other post you made on this same topic as duplicate posts can fragment any resulting discussion, making it hard to follow as well as being against our rules.

Last edited:
Thank you so much!Kinda new to all of this :)
I thought I would be so excited to have the 5s even went and got the case I always wanted but like I said, seems kind of silly to pay still the same for the former version.
A lot of searches I did always cautioned that Apple is new to this bigger screen cell phone idea and that it might be having a lot of issues.Any thoughts?
Thanks agin for your help :)

Reading the various threads about the new iPhone 6 on our forums is a good way to learn about what the new iPhone can do and what problems our members are experiencing.

IMO you should return it and get the 6. Most of the Problems you've been hearing about are with the 6Plus. Like scififan said with the new Phone you'll receive updates for a longer period of Time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk