What's new

Which Slim iPhone 5 Case with "Moderate" Protection?

I think you should research the spigen liner ex crystal or the spigen neo hybrid ex. Both are amazing cases and I will not buy anything but there stuff. Very top notch.

Belkin grip candy sheer and griffin reveal are both great.....really thinking about adding a 3rd to the mix here soon with the Belkin view case...

I have the speck candyshell and really like it. Only down side is I have black and you can see scrathes pretty easy but I dont care as long as it protects the phone and is slim.

You can also get the speck candyshell grip and its really nice to I just didnt want to wait for shipping.

Hi, everyone...

I have a dilemma and found this forum and am hoping y'all can help! I've been watching review videos of iphone 5 cases for about 4 days now(!) trying to decide which to get. I'm still having trouble deciding... I have already tried 2 cases, and both have shown me things I DON'T want! I first got the SwitchEasy Tones - LOVED the size, shape, rubbery protection, and how it felt in my hands (which are kinda small). The only problem I had with it was the cutout for the lightning plug was too small for the off-brand extra charging cable I purchased (only the real Apple plug would fit through the cutout) - and I need one that will work with both... Which led me to my first attempt at finding a different case and watching review videos around December...

I ended up going with the Speck FabShell - love the look of the case and it did solve the cutout problem with my cable - but this one is just too "wide" to fit easily in my hand! They made the outer rubber edge wider which is good in a way I guess - but I prefer a slightly narrower width so it fits better in my hand... Which is why I'm searching yet again! I had been thinking of a sheerer or more transparent look so the phone itself would be seen, but that's not 100% a necessity. In fact, I really love some of the cases I've seen that are solid colors. My husband has the Otter Box and says that's the ONLY case I should consider(!) - but I HATE the bulkiness of it - plus, I'm at home *most* of the time (not outdoors like he is) so I just don't need that level of protection... but I do want *some* protection :)

What I'm really looking for and can't seem to find all in one case - is a snap-on case (NOT a 2-piece one) that is minimalistic in both appearance and width/weight - but that DOES have at least a small amount of lip in the front for the lay-on-table protection - that has a "moderate" amount of drop protection (I usually keep my phone in my pocket or purse - it's almost never at risk for falls - only every so often I will knock it off my nightstand or other table to a ceramic tile floor - so a few feet at worst)... Also need to make sure the cutout is big enough for the other brand of cables to plug into without having to remove the case.

The ones I've seen that I really love the look of are the Barely There, the Ultra Thin Air, the Feather, the Slight, the Pinlo and the Zero 5... it seems some of these do not have the lay-on-table feature, though. I *think* I'd prefer one that has the border all the way around the phone - most of these seem to leave the top and bottom totally open, and I think I'd prefer at least a small measure of protection there. (Or do those with the open top/bottom protect okay for the small distance drops I tend to have?) But one that has a SLIM border so it's not so wide in my hand. Hope this makes sense?!!

If y'all could point me in the right direction, I'd sure appreciate it. I'm going nuts watching so many videos and reading reviews and still not sure what to get! I don't want to waste another $25 since I've already bought 2 cases, so I thought I'd ask for some guidance this time!

Thanks so very much for any help or suggestions!!

So what did you end up with? I still am looking for the perfect case and would love to hear what you found.

My two favorite "slim" cases are the "diztronic" smoke black case and the otterbox reflex case.