What's new

What's with stupid app store questions?

borgy

Reaction score
The last 2 apps I tried to buy had me log in then wanted me to answer some stupid security questions that made no sense to me. I appreciate security concerns but I cannot remember these particular questions. I don't I've had too many cars, friends, and addresses to remember. Perhaps I can buy a notebook, write the answers and carry it at all times. This has already led me NOT to purchase 2 apps. While that helps save me from impulsive buys, I may really need an app someday. Oh well.

Apple have tightened up security and most people think its a good idea,too many people have had their accounts hacked into.

I like the additional security Apple is implementing. However, I do wish there were maybe a few other questions available to choose from. Like the OP, none of these questions really stand out in my mind.

Yes. I understand and appreciate the continual need for more security. I just find the arbitrary questions in wields. Being a certain age, I've owned more cars than I can remember, moved as many times, had too many friends etc. to remember which I chose for answers without difficulty. I imagine these questions being composed by a nearest young person for whom these questions seemed obvious. I arbitrarily chose 3 answers which I have to repeat frequently to remember.
I have a business idea for you all: get your aunts, grandmas, and not-so tetchy friends and start "Ordinary Users Consulting" where for a fee (a modest one in this case) they can run this by for some normalizing recommendations. Kind a Reverse Geek Squad. Can your Aunt make sense of or even see the most important choice buttons on a site? Can your uncle choose his seats on his Orbitz reservation (not now apparently). Etc. I think that someone who knows a lot about something has difficulty imagining what it's like not to know it. Thanks for your observations.

I got the app called Vault. I put important codes there. I have them if I need them