What's new

Whats the best IOS app to use for Chromcast?

sony007

Reaction score
I just picked up one of these dongle today as a friend of mine just kept on going on about how good he thought it was. I've got an iPhone 6+ as oppose to an android device I can get youtube working straight away using the iPhone app but how do I stream from safari on my iPhone to the chromecast, or do I need to download another browser? Is there a one stop shop app for the iOS which will do everything?

I just picked up one of these dongle today as a friend of mine just kept on going on about how good he thought it was. I've got an iPhone 6+ as oppose to an android device I can get youtube working straight away using the iPhone app but how do I stream from safari on my iPhone to the chromecast, or do I need to download another browser? Is there a one stop shop app for the iOS which will do everything?
Are you using the Chromecast app, available in the App Store. Chromecast on the App Store on iTunes

Yeah Ive got that on my phone but it doesn't do anything. Oh dear what am I doing wrong ;-). Ive got these options: Devices, Learn, Backdrop, Discover apps & setting. I have no idea how how to stream/cast from my browser or anything else for that matter.

If you search in Safari for Chromecast tutorial, the first hit is the Google support page for Chromecast. It should be able to help.

Yeah I've read some of that but it's more geared to android and pc users. Hey I'll just use it for YouTube. The other tv's all have the ATV2 connected so none of this palavor.