What's new

What to do if you have to leave your phone in the car?

Matth3w

Reaction score
How do you deal with the heat? It's only mid to upper 70s and my wife is not allowed to bring her phone into the office. She tried wrapping it up in a jacket and leaving the windows cracked, but it gives her the overheated battery warning at the end of the day, and it's going to increase another 20 degrees here this summer...

How annoying!! Do they have lockers or anything in her office where you can keep personal items that are not allowed in the building? She needs to take her phone with her to and from work, that's just a safety thing now-a-days and surely they'd have somewhere for employees to safely put items that are not allowed.

Hopefully someone has some ideas if not :(

Sounds terrible.Will be go back pick it ...I cant without my phone:)

I will change my job for sure. What the f*** Who here can live 8h a day and 5/7 days without his/ her iPhone? Damn i didn't buy an iphone for my work to have me leaving it in a car all the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You would quit a job that pays over 90k because of a phone? Stupid?

Only thing I can think of is to use a small insulated bag (like a thermal lunch bag) and leave the phone in it, in the trunk. I have always noticed that the trunk is cooler than the inside of the car. I guess maybe cause the sun doesn't shine into the trunk.

That's the only thing I can think of.

Thanks, we can try it. Someone had suggested to me a sealed container with ice packs(the plastic ones) but I'm guessing those would cause condensation within the box and potentially ruin the phone.

Definatly leave it in the boot. Place it on the spare if you have one. The steel/alloy will keep it cooler.

You might as well turn it off or at least keep it on airplane mode as well...

Why cant she bring her phone to her office lol WTF, keep it in a lunch bag with an ice pack in your trunk lol

Ice bag will create moisture which will get into the phone and ruin it. She can't bring it in because it's a classified facility. No personal electronics of any kind allowed.

As per Apple:

Nonoperating temperature: -4° to 113° F
(-20° to 45° C)

A closed car will go over that in the summer, no problem. I would think off and in the trunk will be the coolest method.

Well what i find stupid is a job to have me keeping my smartphone away while in office and during office time, i have so many todo and with alerts on it to remind me when to take my pills and when to check my blood sugar, pressure test and so on. There is no way i can sacrify my todo reminder over a job. I better be well and have a good job than to have a good job to be well. Here my phone doesn't only serve to call my peeps and sms with my people, it serve me better than that and that's it.

Well what i find stupid is a job to have me keeping my smartphone away while in office and during office time, i have so many todo and with alerts on it to remind me when to take my pills and when to check my blood sugar, pressure test and so on. There is no way i can sacrify my todo reminder over a job. I better be well and have a good job than to have a good job to be well. Here my phone doesn't only serve to call my peeps and sms with my people, it serve me better than that and that's it.

I think you aren't grasping the situation here. She works in a facility that has information sensitive to the national security of the United States. If you enjoy your national intelligence being kept secret, you will understand that having personal cell phones with cameras inside of a secure facility is a bad idea.

How do you deal with the heat? It's only mid to upper 70s and my wife is not allowed to bring her phone into the office. She tried wrapping it up in a jacket and leaving the windows cracked, but it gives her the overheated battery warning at the end of the day, and it's going to increase another 20 degrees here this summer...

Why doesn't she keep it in her bag?...Or do they search womans bags where she works?