What's new

What I hate about the volume control on the iPhone 4

Tricon7

Reaction score
I can set the ringer to Off and turn down the volume right away (on the side of the phone), then open a video that I've taken in the Camera Roll, and as soon as the video starts playing, the volume can blast me out (as it did a minute ago). Neither the ringer nor volume control lowered it. It's not until the video actually starts playing that I can lower it. God help me if it's set high - especially since I work in a very quiet office environment, and they hear anything out of the ordinary. I don't know if there's a way to make sure the volume doesn't blare everyone's ears off, but it would be nice to NOT have to rush to turn it down once it's started.

LOL at the "quiet office" thing..maybe you could go thru settings first and adjust volume universally before u start playing videos.. Obviously youve tried that..

Howdy neighbor! I'm in Savannah! Where are you'll at? lol

Plug in the white hear phone. It will not play out anymore. But when you go to setting> sound/ and turn it down there I think the video shouldn't play out any sound. Well try with the earphone, that will work for sure.