What's new

What do YOU think about iOS 7? (Poll)

What do you think of iOS 7?

• Total voters
Have tried everything I can think of to get the CPU to spike and stay above 50% and it just won't fail. Hopefully we will never have to see that bug again in iOS 7.

What about iPhone always getting heat up when playing a heavy game or playing online?
Will that issue will be fixed or is ot a hardware problem?

Have tried everything I can think of to get the CPU to spike and stay above 50% and it just won't fail. Hopefully we will never have to see that bug again in iOS 7.

Whew, so glad to hear this!

What about iPhone always getting heat up when playing a heavy game or playing online?
Will that issue will be fixed or is ot a hardware problem?

There isn't a single smart phone made since 2007 that can run a game at 30 FPS @ 50% brightness without heating the battery, CPU and GPU.

Did you notice that there's a new stock app that's been added in iOS 7 beta 2. $image-3550319064.jpg

$image-500735131.jpg

Yes, they finally brought the memo app back from the dead. iOS 5 was the last version to have it. The rewrite seems pretty decent so far. And they used a black background which helps a lot.

While parallax doesn't waste CPU anymore, finally got it lost and forced it to reposition quickly. So far this feature seems pretty useless.

All five Pop Cap games I own fail to make it past the initial load screen. Can't tell if it is a security issue or an API failure.

Message app now has some pretty bad display issues on long texts. Can't tell if it is due to the new "Larger Type" dynamic font setting or if it is caused by the new multilayer UI system I am now noticing through out iOS 7.

Mail app is now broken as well. IF you delete or move a message, the same message stays selected until you return one level up.

Very sad. They need to combine the OS stability of Beta 2 with the app stability of Beta 1.

Battery live seems considerably better. Text rendering is definitely off in most apps. Haven't been able to recreate the mail issue that Skull is having but I'm not a heavy mail user myself.

I agree with Skull, the system is fairly stable, only one reboot.

Very strange - I sent a text and went back later to re-read the msg. Noticed all my contact names were gone showing just numbers. All contacts were gone - I put the phone down for a while and they are all showing back up now -- whew! Names are now back on all my texts

Battery life is better on Beta 2. I also have the status bar problem. It's consistent will all of my apps.

I've also had an issue with iMessaging. I'll iMessage someone and it'll go through, but if I try to send a picture, it just sends a blank message.

I'll do a restore on my device and see if that fixes the issue.

Battery life is better on Beta 2. I also have the status bar problem. It's consistent will all of my apps.

I've also had an issue with iMessaging. I'll iMessage someone and it'll go through, but if I try to send a picture, it just sends a blank message.

I'll do a restore on my device and see if that fixes the issue.

Had a chance yet? My motivation for asking is strictly selfish... ;) I haven't updated to beta 2 yet because of a few of the issues Skull mentioned. If a "clean start" helps, though, I'll probably give it a shot.